Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

on 19 March 2016
It's not that this is a bad deck, but once I got it, I realised it wasn't for me. Some of this is down to the illustration style, which I decided, on closer inspection, was a little off by my standards--the anatomical distortions were both too much and too little, so that we have quite a realistic look but with limbs that stretch and twist and distend oddly. Often in ways that look skeletal, in a fashion industry way.

What really surprised me though was the strange garishness of some colours. Cheeks aren't flushed, they're hot pink. A red or orange pops in a way that lifts it away and out from the muted backgrounds.

The cards also feel kind of flimsy, thin and cheap. They're certainly not silky or luxurious like some other decks (the Smith Centennial for instance).

I know a lot of people who love this deck, and some of the cards are undoubtedly strong (Death is very Emily Dickinson chic), but it's not for me. I'm going to be looking for someone to gift this to.
on 11 February 2017
The art is very nice but cards were cut off imprecisely. Look at my photo.
review image
on 17 January 2013
This tarot deck has the most beautiful illustrations, and I found it easy to use. I would recommend this deck for intermediate level tarot readers, or collectors. It's not usually the case that such haunting images are displayed, and this effect is enhanced by those where the fabric illustrations or the background are chequered, and so draw the eye further into the card meaning.

~I liked them a lot........
on 16 June 2013
Very attractive to look at but also very in keeping with tarot meaning with it's own style. As a collector I am not always looking for decks that will be easy or good to read with but instantly know whether they could be read with & these get the thumbs up.
on 3 June 2016
and affordable too! Images have the feel of a vintage storybook. The cards are a tiny fraction bigger than other decks might be. They are laminated and sturdy, of amazing quality that can withstand many readings without showing any wear and tear. Fantastic work.
on 17 April 2016
Beautiful imagery and retains the Rider Wait Smith deck symbolism and spirit. Somewhat more positive than the RWS.
on 6 February 2017
Nice deck however cardstock is a little thin and can easily when when your shuffling beautiful imagary
on 5 July 2015
This deck so light, youthful and unique. Must buy!