Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Fitbit

on 15 January 2016
Very excellent cards. The pictures are large, clear and beautiful, keeping the all-important detail of the Rider-Waite deck while cleaning up its slightly sketchy look.

I bought these after feeling that my Thoth deck was too difficult to read, and have found this deck a lot easier to work with. That's not to bash the other deck; I just feel this one is better suited to my level of occult experience (that is to say, a relative beginner).

If you're looking for 100% accurate Rider-Waite cards, you may have to look elsewhere; these cards are updated. I don't think I'm allowed to post links, but a quick google search should lead you to a side-by-side comparison of this deck and the original, so you can make up your mind as to whether you agree with the changes made. In my opinion, these changes shouldn't affect your decision to buy this deck, however! Personally, I think the changes the authors of this deck have made are upgrades; the deck is almost as visually stunning as the Thoth deck, while being much easier to work with without intense occult study. I have found the images are close enough to the original RW deck to use resources meant for that deck. I use "the Tarot Bible" by Sarah Bartlett and the "Learning the Tarot" website maintained by Joan Bunning for aid in working with this deck.

All in all, highly recommended.
on 9 May 2017
I like the universal pack, have been using it for years to do regular readings as professional psychic tarot reader. Best thing about this deck is the coating, you can shuffle them each day for years on end and the coating and edges remain perfectly in tact. Colour and outline of the images is superb, one of the best decks out there.
on 2 April 2017
I love, love, love these cards so much. Good quality card stock, which is hard to find these days, I now have 3 packs of these, just incase.
on 12 May 2017
Nice deck,pity the printing isn't the best,a bit too dark for my taste but acceptable.
on 1 June 2017
Love these cards. I don't love the original rider waite designs so these brighter colors and softer lines really speak to me.
on 21 June 2017
Excellent
on 5 March 2017
Just perfect.
on 21 June 2014
I gave the cards 5 stars because I'm satisfied with the quality of the cards, and can't wait to begin using them.
on 5 November 2011
As others have said before, this deck takes the original Rider-Waite deck to a new level by adding colour and depth to the images that was lost in the printing process in the originals. As for the comments about certain images being slightly different hence changing/losing the meaning, I would disagree. The High Priestess in my original Rider Waite deck is exactly the same as in this one. Her curtain is the same too albeit coloured in better and you can still see the pool of water behind it though the gaps at the sides. I have used these cards a couple of times now and while I have not scrutinised every single image I cannot see any significant difference between this and the original other than the enhanced colouring.

I do have an original Rider-Waite deck and I've been comparing the cards side by side, like for like. If anything this deck has shown me things in the original images that I never noticed before as they are not obvious due to the black lines and dark areas in those images. It's surprising how much difference it makes having the images enhanced in this way - I have several more artistic decks which I prefer to the Rider-Waite as that deck is quite flat and archaic, yet this "new improved" version makes it all the more appealing!
review image
11 Comment| 34 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 June 2013
As I like my cards with color, I ordered these and am very disappointed with the quality!! In fact I am appalled!!! They are blurry, the faces and colors are out of focus and outside of lines. to top it off they smell horrible... Unfortunately I won't be able to send them back because mailing them to UK form Italy would cost almost as much as the cards... I wouldn't buy them again, so I can't recommend them to others.