Format: Cards|Change

on 31 March 2014
I bought these rather than an original pack because of the glowing reviews and wasted my money. The colours are weak, washed-out looking and far too big to handle easily. These cards are plain looking and impractical.
on 12 December 2014
Love the size of these cards, l have small hands so very pleased, size 6cms x 9cms. The cards are not overly glossy they have a nice pearly sheen.They follow the original Rider Waite in image and meaning but have been re-coloured by Mary Hansen. l prefer this colouring as its much more alive but not overly bright. l do have the larger Rider Waite cards and find them so drab and uninspiring to work with, due to the wishy washy colour.
These are a lovely little deck which l find very handy to pop in my pocket or bag. All in all glad l bought them.
on 9 January 2014
I can across these cards as I was looking at The Original Rider Waite Tarot Deck as an option for cards. However after looking at the reviews I saw that people were recommending the above product as the production quality is better and then art has been recoloured so as to give the cards new life. I must admit that the artist in question has done an amazing job, still retaining the vintage feel of the cards, without them being too bold and brassy.

There is no real guidebook that comes with the cards which is unfortunate. However I purchased Tarot for Your Self: A Workbook for Personal Transformation as the reviews are excellent and I am considering buying The Ultimate Guide to the Rider Waite Tarot as this looks handy.

Overall I really recommend this product. I am a semi newbie to Tarot as I have been using Medicine Woman Tarot Deck, which are lovely but I felt I wanted to dabble in more traditional Tarot. I hope you enjoy this product as much as I do.
on 23 February 2009
I was delighted when I received this deck they come in a lovely sturdy little box and the cards themselves are beautifuly coloured giving them much more depth ( I already have a rider waite pocket deck which I have used for year's )
They are easy to handle, Im looking forward to using these and enjoying them as much as my previous deck. Worth buying !
on 4 June 2015
These are your traditional RW cards, but the pictures are a lot clearer and easier to read (compared to the original). The deck is nice to hold and a great deck for any tarot enthusiast. A must have! Great to learn tarot with. Really good quality. Comes with a small booklet, good for keywords and explanation but not good for learning, buy another book for learning.
on 31 May 2015
I've got a lot of decks but I come back to this one in the end! Superb for reading and great images. Have just ordered the Radiant version too. Got the 'pocket' version of this which is great too (not too small and in an phenomenally sturdy box).
on 28 August 2009
I'd picked these cards over the other alternatives because they appeared brighter & clearer than the others. I have not been disappointed as the pictures are clear & easy to interpret. Also, the cards are large enough to shuffle easily without being too large (& I have fairly small hands).
on 2 December 2015
Beautiful cards, a real pleasure to use. Of all the updated versions of the Waite/Smith decks, this is by far the best in my opinion. I purchased the Radiant Waite Tarot about a year ago, and although they are vivid and colourful, they were a little to "loud" for my liking. I also did not like the small "typewritten" titles on these cards. The Universal Waite has stuck to Coleman-Smith's original handwritten titles and the artwork on this deck displays a softer and more romantic appearance. Maybe not every Tarot reader's cup of tea, but I couldn't be more pleased with them.
on 27 August 2013
I hav every small hands which is why I like small cards. These cards come in a pack the size of a regular cigarette packet but the cards inside are much smaller than the pack.
Someone with big hands would probably struggle.
The detail on these cards however is fantastic and they are very easy to read despite the size.
on 15 January 2016
Very excellent cards. The pictures are large, clear and beautiful, keeping the all-important detail of the Rider-Waite deck while cleaning up its slightly sketchy look.

I bought these after feeling that my Thoth deck was too difficult to read, and have found this deck a lot easier to work with. That's not to bash the other deck; I just feel this one is better suited to my level of occult experience (that is to say, a relative beginner).

If you're looking for 100% accurate Rider-Waite cards, you may have to look elsewhere; these cards are updated. I don't think I'm allowed to post links, but a quick google search should lead you to a side-by-side comparison of this deck and the original, so you can make up your mind as to whether you agree with the changes made. In my opinion, these changes shouldn't affect your decision to buy this deck, however! Personally, I think the changes the authors of this deck have made are upgrades; the deck is almost as visually stunning as the Thoth deck, while being much easier to work with without intense occult study. I have found the images are close enough to the original RW deck to use resources meant for that deck. I use "the Tarot Bible" by Sarah Bartlett and the "Learning the Tarot" website maintained by Joan Bunning for aid in working with this deck.

All in all, highly recommended.