on 9 January 2007
I was introduced to this deck and book through an online popular divination forum just a short while ago, and after going to the artist's website I was instantly captivated. Some decks and ideas just jump out at you and demand you have them. This is one of them (rare for me!).

The place I work had gone suddenly out of business and money is/was tight. So I was sad I wouldn't be able to purchase it for quite some time. Lo and behold 2 days later for christmas I get a gift certificate for Amazon : ). So it seems I was very much meant to possess this oracle!

I recieved it very shortly after and was completely blown away. The artwork on the cards is stunning, just completely evocative and very powerful. The mix of muted colour with deep red and black is the best feature. Simple yet gorgeously perfect. I have tried other methods of playing card reading and nothing has clicked. Most seemed to complicated.

Which brings me to the book. I can't say enough for the ease of use and step by step study the author provides for you. All clearly explained. Her use of words and the emotions, ideas, intuitions and images she invokes are magical....otherworldy. Besides being a great teacher she is a wonderful writer. The cards are starting to come alive for me, something I thought was not going to happen with playing cards.

The book is just packed with information not available anywhere else. Info on the lunar calendar and how it's built right into the deck (and it's practical use, I've never seen that mentioned or explained before!), history of the cards, the hidden revelations of geomancy (which is simple!) along with the cards for deeper meaning and direction, many spreads....I could go on and on. This book is wonderfully researched from obvious years of actual experience and connection.

Each card (and suit and number) get it's own description, accompanied with an illustration of the card. And some of them have short stories to further evoke and connect you to them as very distinct personalities.

As far as book quality goes, it's top notch. I love the play of black and red ink, it's a striking combination for a text which I haven't seen before. The cards are high quality as well, very good cardstock. Not too large (these aren't the normal size playing cards, I love them bigger so I can see those beautiful images)and not too slickly laminated. These cards feel really good in your hands, at home. At least they do in mine!

If you are at all interested in divination with playing cards, than this book and cards will be invaluable. Ana Cortez and her father have created something very orignal and brimming with magic, wonder, joy.....profound transformation awaits you!
on 26 May 2016
This is a really super oracle system I personally found it very therapeutic, but your experience will be different. I hope to get the Alchemy Oracle by the same author off this Amazon site. However, the new deck which comes in mini and large you need to purchase of her purchase of her personal website. Some people are not keen on the new deck, but I personally think it is equally as good once one gets use to the idea of the introduction of more colors.
Link below:
[...]
It would make a nice gift for someone into Tarot, and other Cartomancy like Lenormand, Kipper and Sibilla. I recommend it initially for personal use and meditations and becoming truly acquainted before using it professionally.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 23 January 2013
This order took two days longer than expected. Meanwhile I find the description in the title - with 2 Deck or Oracle Cards - rather deceiving as only one deck is included. Otherwise the quality of the product is excellent.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse