Format: Cards|Change

on 15 January 2000
Kris Waldherr has most definitely captured the essence of femininity whilst enabling the woman to unfold her intuitive powers gaining insight and allowing for unfolding beauty and wisdom. It seems the resultant effect of these cards relate to the personas of the various goddesses. I have gained a vast amount of confidence since using these cards and I believe that the essence of the individual goddesses has been well depicted through the art displayed. Overall the best Tarot Cards I have seen and used, however, I understand that Tarot Cards remain a very personal item, therefore individual taste and personality definitely comes into play. With this in mind I would still urge anyone to take the time to peruse these wonderful cards. Thank you Kris for the opportunity to utilise your deck which has enabled me to grow and unfold on a more psychic level. Beautiful experience.
on 1 October 1998
I love this Goddess themed deck! Each minor arcana is portrayed in the style of a single Goddess, and the major arcana cards are distinctive, yet a good thematic match for the traditional cards (making them easy to read). Very nice!
on 17 October 2013
I discovered these cards as an app on my phone. Nice vibrant colours, made the gentle artwork stand out.
A friend gave these cards to me as a gift and I was most disappointed on opening the deck. The colours were very beige and wishy washy, the artwork almost felt somber with some cards.

The major arcana is perhaps the better part of this deck with some card names changed and Goddess names used, this didn't always work for me and some cards I struggled to connect with, the one that comes to mind right now is the Fertility Card, traditionally the Empress; the image depicts a Mexican goddess, with her arms open in a field full of cactus... This did nothing for me and traditionally the empress is such a wonderful card, this really played down all that would be considered symbolic with it.

The minor arcana is nothing special. Each suit is themed and gels the story of just one goddess from the ace through to the court cards. The cards are mostly following the RWS tradition, but I felt that some imagery wasn't as clear as it should be and symbols were kept to a minimum. It also bugged me a little when the bodies of the characters looked out of proportion, but that is my own personal pet peeve.

I barely use this deck, it just doesn't inspire or speak to my subconscious enough, which is such a shame as I had high hopes for this deck, other than the goddess names, there is nothing new or special here sadly.
on 16 January 2004
This book is beautifully written. It explains the principles of tarot to the unititiated and broadens the horizons for the well-practiced. Each card has been beautifully illustrated and the spreads are great for all situations required for a reading. This book is a must!
on 14 September 2011
I discovered the smartphone app first. I found the artwork to be so lovely and I quite like working with Goddess archetypes, I decided to order it. I have only had it for a few day, but I absolutely adore it. It has been such a healing experience for me. I come away from each reading feeling more hopeful and just better about myself. I have now ordered the workbook to go with it. I recommend it for everyone, but especially for those attempting to heal the broken bits of themselves... or for those working with the Tarot in a healing capacity for others.
on 21 January 2013
I have had this deck for a while now and I absolutely adore the deck. I have the please of Emailing the deck creator recently for getting permission to use the deck cards for readings. Such a high point for a relatively newbie reader.

In terms of the deck and the book, I adore the book, I recently got the "bigger" book and the information about the deck and the little stories, it is work the get this deck with the small book as opposed to the little white book which I got with my deck when I got them.

This deck is utterly brilliant and I love to use it as the energy with these cards are amazing and such a pleasure to work with. I am not a fan of the Rider - Waite cards at all, but, this deck, is just me and the cards are really good quality.
on 25 April 2010
This is a lovely gentle tarot deck and I would recommend it for experienced readers and new readers. Its also a very handy size for transportation and for people with small hands.
on 1 June 2007
The Pocket Goddess Tarot is a lovely deck, combining both the gentleness and strength of women everywhere. The Major Arcana depictions of Goddesses introduce the reader to Goddesses from all over the world, creating a sense of the matrix which links us all. The Goddesses chosen for each of the Minor Arcana suits are very fitting, and the simplicity of the whole deck makes for an easy connection, as opposed to the struggle for connection with some of the more complex decks. Although the term 'Pocket Goddess' refers to its size, it is a reminder to all women that we carry the Goddess with us wherever we go.
on 27 September 2015
I saw these cards on line. The few cards I saw, appealed to me so I bought them and could barely wait for them to arrive. Everyone sees something different in tarot/divination packs, but in my case, I was grossly disappointed. Whoever did the artwork must have been having a crisis at the time. The heads were misaligned, the faces resembled puppets, in particular the suit of Pentacles. In fact, I thought they looked absurd, perhaps even in some cases, ugly. Despite persevering and trying to overlook the initial impact of these cards, there is no way I can overcome the barrier and read them. The Swords and Staves were slightly improved, but only just. The only suit which failed to repulse me were the majority of the Cups.
The major Arcana was a disappointment. I had imagined the Goddesses, (regardless of their meanings) would be depicted in splendid style. Unfortunately, the beauty and enlightenment I expected to see was not there. Some were acceptable, but a majority of the others, had a poor interpretation with shoddy art design.
on 28 February 2016
I really love this deck - it's among my favourite decks that I use most frequently for readings for myself and others. I got this guidebook hoping it would have more detailed descriptions of the card readings/meanings but was quite disappointed to find that it didn't have much more information at all. The descriptions of what is in each card is longer than what is in the accompanying Little White Book in the deck, but the card meanings for upright and reversed cards are exactly the same as what is in the LWB. I don't feel I really get anything additional out of this guidebook than I already have from the LWB or the free phone/tablet app.