on 29 March 2000
Aimed at the absolute complete beginner. Lots of waffle about what can be done but nothing about how to achieve anything - even the basics. Look elsewhere!
Anyone who finds this book useful shouldn't be let loose without their mummy!
on 22 December 1998
I have to repectfully disagree with Defiant and the reader from Vancouver. I have built sites with FP 97, and I found FP98's change in metaphor to completely client-server based to be disconcerting. I bought this book to help, but it was very little help, and just as confusing as Microsoft's explanation. I found it to be very unbalanced, aimed at professional webmasters and intranet developers rather than individuals, like myself, who are trying to set up a small-business website. Could I get through it? Yes. But that's not the point. The cover says you'll be able to build a website right out of the box. Only if you use FP98's wizards. But then, why would you need this book?
on 7 January 1999
I bought this book a couple months back. I will keep this short and simple. The manual is Much better. This book lacks any substance, it simply reviews the functions of frontpage without going into detail. Running FrontPage98 (Jim Buyens) is much better for People you Own and Use FrontPage98
on 3 December 1998
Microsoft's manual is okay...it's good actually. BUT, this book takes it a step or two further. I got my site up and running in one day, but the polish came *after* reading this book. A must.
on 9 September 1999
I found this book to be very inconsistent. It lacked substance as well as guidance. Being a first time user of Frontpage 98 I found the help functions on the software more useful.
on 22 June 1998
I purchased this book hoping it would provide a more in depth view of FronPage, however it seemed that it hardly went further into FrontPage than the manual that it came with. If you want another decription of what is in the software, and a breif explanation of how to do it, this is a good book. The book is a good supliment for beginners but not much content for the advanced users
on 2 January 1999
I found this an excellent book to use not only as a tutorial bot also for refrence at a later date. I am just starting to set up an Intranet at the school where I work as the System admisitrator and I found it invaluable. The CD helped no end at the time of setting up as evrything and more was then online. Well worth it it.
Edd
on 9 April 1999
I found the book to provide all of the information necessary to properly create, update and maintain a fantastic looking website. Of course, I've got some graphic design experience, but it sure offers anyone with Microsoft Office experience the opportunity to exploit the internet to its full capabilities!
on 26 January 1998
If you have never created web sites or used FrontPage before then this is the book for you. It is very easy to read and offers up examples galore. I've had the book only for a few hours and I'm already on chapter eight.
on 3 March 1998
This book tells you everything the manuel that come with Frontpage and takes it one step furthur. And you don't have to be a rocket scientist to read it. I'm only 16 and I'd buy it again