on 15 June 2014
I have been having neck and shoulder pains for years. After a few rounds of acupuncture I decided I needed to be able to do more for myself at home without paying out to have to keep going back to see my physio. I've been doing some of the stretches every night and it's really helped. Also very good advice on how you can apply the stretches and good posture during your day to day activities.
on 15 December 2013
Well worth the purchase money, the exercises in this book really do relieve neck and shoulder pain.

They are very easy to do - don't require any knowledge of yoga or any previous experience - you are guided by clear words and diagrams. There are none of the body-twisting poses that you normally see on yoga magazine covers for example, but include some gentle stretches that can be done in a chair.

You don't need to wear lycra.

There is a section on why back and neck pain can arise which is helpful to put things in context.

It includes a really good all-over body workout that is excellent for anyone thinking of dipping their toe in the waters of yoga.
on 28 November 2015
Such a great book. I herniated a cervical disc and was finding it hard to adjust to not being so active in my life and my yoga, but this simply written book helped me to find peace again in my body. The exercises are given in such a way to touch both physical and mental state. So glad I brought it.
on 18 June 2016
I did not find this book as good as I expected. This was because it was very small and not easy to keep open on pages.

Honestly I was very shocked when I read this book to find that it was siding towards xenophobia. The book was written in an extremely American biased manner, many people in the world read English and are interested in yoga not only Americans. I can't understand why a book about yoga has been written in such a politically biased way. I perceive yoga to be an open and peacefully practise that is accessible to all (races, genders, beliefs etc) I did not find that this book supported that view point at all.