on 12 January 2010
In a direct, down-to-earth, concise and frank style, without esoteric babbling or page-filling, the author guides you with practical propositions, commentaries, observations, and interesting psychological and physiological facts you can't deny (but always unconciously have, in many cases), into becoming more aware of all the things that happen in your body and mind related to eating. Simply becoming aware of what happens when you eat, digest, or feel hungry, is in my experience already enough to initiate a huge change in how, what, how much, and when you eat, and this book can be a good help.
This is a book purely aimed at helping you become a more mindful eater - no diet plans or nutritional or health-related information about specific foods or diets. It is about emancipating...

I personally appreciate the no-nonsense tone, which is a difference from many other books about mindfulness that tend to be a bit "floaty" and too "nice" for me.

In the same line, I can also recommend One Bowl: A Guide to Eating for Body and Spirit...
on 12 December 2014
Huge disappointment. Manages to say very little and what it does say isn't worth saying. I wasted my money please do not waste yours on this rubbish.
VINE VOICEon 17 April 2010
These are very good common sense approaches to eating and about being mindful to what you are eating. I do believe it is so true of many people with weight problems that they have gulped the food down before really appreciating it - me anyway. So good advice here but the only problem is I keep forgetting to use it so nothing really has changed for me.
on 16 May 2010
Full of useful and practical tips for the daily practice of mindful eating. Would also strongly recommend Mindful eating by Jan Chozen Bays (my personal favourite book in this category).
Mindful Eating: Free Yourself from Overeating and Other Unhealthy Relationships with Food