Customer reviews

on 27 March 2003
This is a great resource for understanding and learning how the body works. It is designed for the average person who may be a bit curious about their body works. It is not an academic book although it is written by a professor. The pictures of the different parts of the body are all in full colour and are easy to understand. The explanations are simple enough to understand, but they still contain a lot of information. I love this book. I am glad I bought it. It is the perfect book for anybody who is interested in what makes them tick.
on 29 October 2005
What a great book. I am studying fitness instruction and was looking desperately for an affordable but detailed, illustrated anatomy book. Why was it great? Well firstly the quality of the content. Both the text and the illustrations are detailed without being overwhelming. The text assumes you are an intelligent human being who can handle anatomical terms. So whilst I was a beginner I was not treated like a dummy. I could find information on whole systems of the body as well as just individual muscles. The book makes good use of colour illustrations and photos - which is excellent for people like me who need some visual stimulation. The book is extremely well priced. I had looked in specialty medical bookstores and found books that were either too complex for my needs or simply too expensive. This book is not a comprehensive textbook on anatomy. However if you need correct, well-presented information levelled at the thinking beginner level then this comes highly recommended.
on 4 October 2009
I have many books on anatomy and physiology some good and some not so good. This book is excellent. The diagrams are some of the best that I have seen in helping you to understand where the structures of the body are. I am currently studying Motor Learning and Movement and the section on the brain and its structures has been a great help.

Like all overview books on anatomy it lacks the detail of explanation that you want when you get to some fact or other when what you really would like is that extra page (or ten) of detail. But as a starting guide, I cannot fault it.

Of course the fact that this book is inexpensive helps a lot too.

Highly recommended.
on 13 August 2013
Cannot fault this book. Structure, simple and easy to read. Great for those who need pictures rather than loads of dry text to stimulate them.
on 16 April 2014
It was perfect. Not damage at all. Anatomy is explained in an easy way. Pictures are very clear and useful.
on 3 November 2016
A first class book and efficient service