on 21 February 2012
My daughter (6) loves this book. It takes them through the use of their machine step by step, in an easy to understand way but makes it masses of fun. She hasn't lost interest at any point, loves playing the games on her machine that the author uses as a teaching tool, and is becoming very competent in sewing in a very short time. I would recommend this book to anybody. And I have also found it illuminating! It also has a number of child friendly and graded projects which are fun to make and very attractive.
on 21 September 2012
Bought 2 sewing machine books for my grandaughter - this one was the most expensive but a little old fashioned. The design and colours were dated and the projects a bit dull....I actually sent this one back and kept the other one ( My First Sewing Machine).
on 27 July 2011
I was very pleased with this book which I purchased for my Granddaughter. She thought it was fun as there were some activities in it that she could do with her sewing machine. I felt this caught her interest when she read it.
on 26 October 2013
I recently got my daughter a sewing machine for her 7th birthday as she and her 10 yr old brother really want to learn to sew. Since I never had any formal training, I wanted to guide them the right way. Ok, maybe its the teacher in me, but I absolutely love this book for the step-by-step exercises that make them learn about sewing with a machine. Its great that the exercise pages are available to download separately so you can just print them out as worksheets. I plan to start practice lessons with them this half term.
By the way, big bro will be using my machine for now.:-)
on 25 November 2011
I have bought this book for my granddaughter for Christmas. I like the way it builds up a knowledge of how the machine works and how to "steer" the needle by carrying out exercises by "stitching" on paper starting with straight lines then learning how to turn and move off at another angle. Finally once a basic mastery has been achieved there are some very modern projects to be made which I am sure any youngster would enjoy making.
on 10 October 2011
Good delivery times fantastic book. I liked being able to look through some of the pages before purchase it was definately helpful.
on 29 December 2013
this is a great book that makes learning about sewing machines facts fun. I bought it for my 9 years old Granddaughter along with a sewing machine for Christmas.
on 11 April 2013
This is a great way to order a gift that a child really wants. It was a good price, free postage and arrived really quickly.
on 4 January 2016
kindle version is absolute rubbish.. cant use it properly at all.
on 21 November 2014
Looks like an excellent book, just what I was looking for.