Customer reviews

on 4 February 2016
Great book, would recommend to any student midwives, doulas or expectant parents. Very fast delivery
on 17 October 2016
Amazing book!
on 30 May 2017
It had a lot of information that was very detailed and not all understandable by people who are not of the medical world. More a book for midwives
on 15 August 2017
Fast shipping! Great item! Very happy!
on 11 February 2016
Best book for midwifery
on 31 October 2017
The best book I've ever read. Loved it x
on 28 December 2010
This book is not just a book explaining wonderful natural techniques for giving birth..it gives you freedom from the fear of childbirth. All my life I have feared the whole process of childbirth and was worried that when I became pregnant one day that my fear of the labour and transistion would ruin my experience of the pregnancy. Then my friend bought me this book and it has all changed. Ina May Gaskin is an inspirational midwife that teaches us that the human species has been conditioned to believe that childbirth is full of pain and alarm. There is way too much intervention in today's hospital births and when childbirth is approached with the understanding that it is a completely natural and amazing happening, then a person can realise that the great deal of pain felt is due to being scared, up-tight and not relaxing the body enough to allow the opening to happen. Also, contractions are described as 'rushes' and this seems to make complete sense. You'll see why when you read this book! Its a precious must have to every pregnant woman and you won't regret being introduced to the wonderful Ina May Gaskin :o)
on 2 May 2013
Very interesting book, a great way of thinking and ideal for midwifery students and midwives alike. Will help you care for women how you'd love to.
on 18 December 2001
I read first this book as a student midwife about 2o years ago. It gives a brilliant insight into what women should be able to acheive. The fact that it is at variance to the normal birthing process in the western world is proof that we don't do it right, not proof that it's too old fashioned or hippy-ish. Read this book and trust that the hand that rocks the cradle rules the world.
on 30 March 2012
I have read this book through all three of my pregnancies and can credit it with my fear free, drug free, home birth experiences. It takes a while to wrap your head around the hippy references but throw yourself into it and it could fundamentally change the way you consider childbirth and parenthood. Once you realise its something you are doing instead of having done to you and enjoy the journey you can honestly have a positive labour and birth which will leave you feeling like Superwoman. I thoroughly recommend.