Customer reviews

on 25 September 1998
This was the first cookbook I found upon deciding to become a vegan; I consider this to be a stroke of great luck. Ms. Raymond does a fantastic job of setting you up for healthful cooking: She helps you stock your pantry, explains foods which might be new to a beginning vegetarian, gives nutrition information, and included a cornucopia of easy and delicious recipes. She does not rely on attempts at mimicking foods which contain animal products, but supplies foods which stand easily on their own two feet. Even I, a kitchen klutz, get excited every time I open the book. A must for any kitchen, vegetarian or no.
on 31 October 1998
My husband and I are not vegans, nor are we even vegetarians, but the recipies in here are so delicious and simple to make that we usually end up making them again and again.