Format: Paperback|Change

on 2 October 2013
Let me start by saying that I have been gluten-problem for 8/9 years (so I already have quite a collection of gluten-free books), and vegetarian for longer than that, and have decided to try going vegan. I saw this, thought it'd be a start, and maybe I'd even get puff pastry again!

This book is pretty much useless to me as a cookbook. Inspiration book, yes, but not a cookbook. It's American. I have no idea where to even start looking for "agar, arrowroot, brown rice flour, coconut milk & oil, evaporated cane juice, flax meal, molasses, quinoa flour, sorghum flour, sucanat, teff flour", which is the list of ingredients given for the pastries.

The pastries are:
Single Pastry Crust, Double Pastry Crust, Darker Double Crust, Single Crust with Streusel Topping, Hazelnut Pastry Crust, Hand Pie and Turnover Dough.

The recipes sound gorgeous. The pictures look amazing. The combinations are new and interesting (for me at any rate). But ultimately, it'll sit in my cupboard and collect dust,
33 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 December 2015
th.is is a present for someone
on 7 February 2016