Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Fitbit

Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 2 November 2009
This is a really original book, with its idea that mixed-race children have the advantage over 'in-bred' couples. It was totally refreshing to read a positive book, re mixed-race people - as too often they attract negative publicity. The book is well written and able to be enjoyed by people with little specialist knowledge. If you like this I also recommend another positive book about the mixed-race experience: One Love Two Colours: The Unlikely Marriage of a Punk Rocker and His African Queen by Margaret Oshindele (my wife) - a book that shows how a couple from completely different backgrounds can make a success of a marriage.
33 Comments| 4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 May 2007
This was a fascinating read. I didn't know a lot about biology or genetics, but Ziv made the science very clear - and entertaining! All kinds of fun info about physical symmetry, dating, and sex in the animal kingdom. And I have to say that after reading Breeding Between The Lines, the theory really makes sense to me. It's a very quick read - definitely worth a look.
on 18 September 2010
I noticed this book after watching something on TV, being half Jamaican, quarter Irish and quarter British I thought it might be an interesting read so decided to order it for reading on holiday.

Although the cover of the book made me feel a bit daft and self conscious with the title stating 'Interracial People are Healthier and More Attractive', I managed to hide the cover from view.

This book is fantastic read, it goes into detail about how you get the best of each gene from your parents, the more racially diverse your parents are, the more different the genes will be. This was of particulr interest to me as I am a carrier of the sickle cell trait which the book very briefly talks about.

It also talks about animals (Labradoodles and Ligers), food (Wheat and Cucumbers) and how we have and are evolving.

Whether or not the book is believable to all, I strongly recommend this it you have a mixed background regardless of colour/creed, are in a interracial (I hate that word) relationship, or simply want something interesting and different to read.
on 24 May 2016
What a load of rubbish, the fact that this has been published is an outrage stuff like this can be published in 2016.
on 20 June 2010
I absolutley agree with the other two reviewers about the easy, fun digestible way this book is written. It is written in a positive and balanced way. I would recommend it to anyone ...doesnt have to be for "mixed-race" anyone....... just people interested in people and development etc.

I will take a look at the other recommendation by the other reviewer too..... but this book really did make me think in a very different way about the topic of mixed race genetics and where so often it is reported negatively- aspects of social integration and expectations etc- this gives a refreshing angle on it and i suppose i liked what i was reading too as i hadnt come across some of the ideas before . It explained perceptions and misconceptions and i did like seeing in writing the idea that we must take "self responsibility about the environment we create for our children and each other".