on 7 March 2011
I thought that this was a great book - written in a very easy and accessible style - yet filled with great quality information. It only took me 2 days to read and it is filled with great recipes - all that I have tried so far have worked well.
I am at the stage in my foray into the living food lifestyle where I am absorbing all I can about this way of eating - I guess as much as anything I was looking to be convinced about the merits of this way of eating and to have responses to give to the inevitable quizzing from friends & family - this book has a good common sense approach and has been invaluable.
So far, so good - have lost some weight and have noticed my skin is in better condition. The book has good info re: where do you get protein from with a raw food diet - hemp & chia seeds apparently have the most complete protein of any foodstuffs including meat/fish/legumes!
All-in-all I would buy this book if you are new to raw and you want to try it to see if it is for you - the short detox programmes are a great intro :-)
on 12 May 2010
This is a great book for people looking to transition to a raw-foods diet and/or lifestyle or for those simply looking to improve their health with a detoxifying and health-boosting cleanse. A wealth of information with easy-to-follow instructions and recipes. I really enjoyed it!
on 9 August 2013
No better book for people looking for a large selection of sweet and green juices. Basic for anyone wanting to do energy boosts and or a detox cleanse. The recipes for salad dressings were really helpful for me as in other books there are always loads of salads with their ingredients but not always a good selection of salad dressings.The real stories at the end of the book of people who had improved their help by taking the plunge and eating raw food as the norm instead of as a one off were really heartlifting. There are loads of people out there who,like myself, want to improve their heath and stay heathy.
on 20 August 2014