on 10 June 2011
First, I should probably 'fess up. I had already had some (non-food related) articles published and was an intermediate blogger before I picked this book up.

I found this book extremely useful as I wanted to begin writing about food but could miss out sections or skim read those that dealt with areas I'm already comfortable with. Yet, there are still a couple of sections like 'writing your own cookbook' that may become more useful down the line.

This really is one of those books that needs to be re-read at regular intervals as you develop.

For a beginner this book is probably overwhelming - you need to feel comfortable writing so I'd recommend a book focusing on writing skills to complement this book. I'd recommend this one: Creative Writing.

For intermediates, like me, there is a ton of guidance in here that will help you get started specialising in food writing. The great thing is you'll probably find yourself nodding as you read through the stuff that's good for beginners - reassured you're on the right path.

And for the advanced readers...it will point you in the right direction for working towards authorship yourself.
on 2 October 2014
What an excellent book , not just for us who write , blog , review , dream off or just love reading about food . This is the book the recent The culinary imagination hoped to be before being swallowed by a scholars thesaurus. Yes it is very much for the American market but as I am someone totally hooked on american food magazines and so bored of bake off and our obsession of tv chefs here this is like a bible of new discover for me . So many how to write books are shallow and snooty , Jacob has a great style and encourages with the exercises too .
on 23 October 2010
Will Write for Food offers a good introduction to most elements to the field. Very helpful information on keeping a food blog and maintaining an e-presence. I did come to resent the almost constant quoting from American authors; it showed a lack of conviction and undermines the author's authority and distanced her from British readers. That said there was a lot to be taken from the book and, if used in conjecture with a number of other essential reads, makes up a good grounding in food writing.
on 9 February 2013
Very much enjoying this book-great ideas and insight. It is early on in my reading but am learning bits already and will definitely incorporate some of it into future blogs.
on 1 June 2012
This book is full of great tips and insights to food and food writing for anyone who is interested. Writing a book or a blog, read this book first
on 7 August 2014
As a vegan health food blogger and photographer, this book has been a worthy investment. I have learned so much from this book - thanks Dianne!

[...]
on 5 December 2013
well thought out, giving lots of tips and ideas for blogs to follow. Mainly american sites but interesting anyway. Left me itching to get started.
on 13 March 2015
Full of ideas for any food writer. Up to date and well written. Enjoyable to read. Helped my blogging a great deal.
on 21 August 2014
Amazing book, give you all the tips you need to start writing about food.
on 30 January 2016
Item as described, delivered on time.Thanks!