Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Arcade Fire Shop now Fitbit

on 7 September 2016
These recipes are wonderful. However, there is not one single picture in the book. It's very plain, I know I'm not a child but it would still be nice to have some colour.
on 28 December 2016
I bought a copy of this for a vegan friend at Christmas. She was delighted with it. Although I am not a vegan myself I was impressed by a lot of the recipes and was delighted to find this secondhand copy for myself which I look forward to putting to good use.
on 6 December 2016
There aren't a lot of pictures and it's always good to have a visual guide for cooking.
on 3 November 2016
Bought for son who's newly vegan and he says it's very good
on 11 November 2016
Would have liked images
on 28 April 2017
Greta quality book with good recipes, bought as a gift.
on 21 May 2017
Bought as a gift and told it is really good
on 24 February 2011
This is an excellent cook book for someone who knows nothing about cooking, as it is a persistent hand-holder that never takes any knowledge for granted. The writing is good, informative sections near the beginning are completely invaluable to novices, also if you're in the mood you could try cooking the recipes. Extra useful information is given for each recipe, such as an indication of how much of the cooking time you will spend in the next room doing something interesting. Tips are also provided, sometimes concerning substitutions (especially useful for someone like me who would leave the pasta out of mac'n'cheese if it saved her s trip to the shops) sometimes concerning techniques that might be new. The recipes themselves are mouth-watering, if ingredient heavy and slow, I would not rate this as a budget cook book. My biggest concern with this cook book is it badly needs to be translated out of American, and it has no pictures. Almost every recipe has a word in the title that is not in common usage in England, or even world-wide, without images all I can go is cook it and try to figure out what I ended up with.
on 1 July 2016
stunning. wanted this for ages & very very worth the money!
on 11 July 2013
Looks great in theory, but some of those ingredients are going to take a lot of tracking down, where would I get liquid smoke from? I'll give it a go though, sounds yummy, don't know about making the seiten from scratch with wheat gluten, lots of ingredients and combinations and Americanisms. I'm sure I'll use a few of these. If you're wanting a simple easy book this won't be for you, bring on the challenge!