Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New album - Eminem Shop now Shop now

Customer reviews

on 14 April 2002
Found this book in the architecture section of "a well known high street book shop" because I liked the cover. Before I knew it I'd read the first chapter on the Front Door and had to buy it. Though primarily aimed at an American audience, the book is accessible to all and is an eclectic mix of architecture, design history and sociology with fascinating insights into the way we live and use our homes. "The Kitchen" is a particular highlight comparing notions of luxury and convenience and how our perceptions of these have changed over the last century.
In its own weird way this is perhaps one of the best ( if quirkiest ) books I have ever read.
on 26 June 1999
Bravo! Aki Busch takes us on a charming and provocative stroll both through her home and each of ours. Ever wonder why you still have a front door? Or whatever happened to the front porch? Or why your kitchen and closets and garage are so essential? READ THIS BOOK and find out!!