Customer reviews

on 9 February 2016
I couldn't continue after the first couple of chapters. The 'hero' is frankly an obnoxious piece of work and why any woman who is not a doormat would want to be with him is beyond me. He threatens to kill her and rape her several times, he physically assaults her, forces her to strip naked and she still lusts after him! This heroine is in serious need of counselling.
on 22 April 2013
This is the first book I've read by Karen Robards & I really enjoyed this adventure romance suspence full of action & intrigue well-written loved the two main characters also had great chemistry!
on 26 January 2000
This is the first romance novel I have read and many many romance novels later, this is the one that I still sticks in my mind. It is about a man that jumps into a lady's car and takes her hostage. She is afraid of what this stranger might do to her, but slowly realizes that he is a very attractive man and that bothers her. Lots of suspence and action as she finds herself dragged through the jungle unaware of the strangers plans or who he is hiding from. The sexual tension between the two lead characters increases as the two get closer and closer! If you love hostage/romance stories, I think you'll enjoy Wild Orchids. The best that I have read!!!
on 12 March 2002
When 26 year old midwestern school teacher, Lora Harding finally gets that holiday in Mexico she always dreamed of, she gets more than she bargined for when she is kidnapped at gunpoint by a darkly handsome fugertive.
Not one of her best but possibly one of her steamiest, this fast paced modern romantic thriller is an enjoyable read. While it definately has humorous touches, it still takes itself a tad too seriously, as our couple battle drug barrons, corrupt mexcian officials and each other while fighting their way through the mexican jungle, barely finding time to stop rest and make mad passionate love to each other. Same book different cover, Ms Robard's "Walking after Midnight", (funnier) or a book by Cherry Adair, called "Hide and Seek" (more humour, more explicit but paradoxically less sensual).
on 17 February 2004
This was the first book I read by Karen Robards and I couldnt put it down, towards the end I had to make myself read slowly because I didnt want it to end, the first page gets you straight away, driving her car alone in Mexico Lora is kidnapped by a dangerous stranger,is pursued by others then lands in jail, is broken out (which was hilarious) and then gets to sleep under the stars with her abductor, the story is fast paced and one of my favourite books, one to keep.
on 21 September 2013
I didn't think they wrote books such as this one even in 1985. The "heroine" was a wimp who let the guy walk all over her, then forgave him all the nasty things he did. The "hero" was a horrible, bullying, Chauvinistic pig with no redeeming qualities whatsoever. How she fell for him was beyond me. There was no chemistry between the protagonists, it was all about lust. This was one of those books that you want to throw on the fire, unfortunately my fire is electric. Thank God they rarely write characters like these nowadays. Not for me.
on 6 November 2013
A very likeable if predictable main theme, but really good attention to detail and the further I got into the book the more interesting it became to see how the story/situation would resolve. One of the best books I've read in a while. Thoroughly recommend it.
on 14 June 2016
I loved the heroine of the book. She seemed a very realistic character and her though process made me laugh out loud. You could completely relate to he running commentary when she was taken hostage, making you warm to her immediately. A great ending as well.
on 21 April 2014
Funny, thrilling and sexy.
Enjoyable romp!
Dominating male lead and feisty female who discovers her true self and manages to get her man by getting under his skin.
Would recommend for those of you who want a light bit entertaining read.
on 4 May 2015
This book has mixed reviews and I understand why it is quite a violent start and could put people off but I found the characters once established were very strong and I thoroughly enjoyed it in the end lots of story and Max a complex character and Lora the girl who turns into a woman😄