Learn more Download now Browse your favorite restaurants Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Learn more

Customer reviews

on 4 September 2013
I found an old copy of Lotus Smartsuite 97 and to my surprise it ran on Windows 7. I remembered what a great little database Lotus Approach was and I purchased this book to remind me how to use it. The book goes through each of the programs in Smartsuite with enough information to get you going and also deals with linking the various pieces of software together "seamlessly", something I must admit I was never tempted to do when I used this software!

This book is worth reading if only to remind us how computers and attitudes to computers have changed over the years. It is full of advice and tips, which are now just not necessary. Also things we now take for granted needed explaining, especially to people familiar with typewriters: "you see word processors offer this cool feature called word wrap. If no more words can fit on a line Word Pro automatically moves the text to the next line". At times the "Dummies" style is condescending, much more so than in more modern volumes, but it makes for interesting reading.

Whether or not I'll start using Smartsuite 97 again seriously is another matter.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse