on 18 May 2017
This great little book came in near perfect condition. I'm really pleased with my purrchase !
on 20 April 2017
Gorgeous little book loved it
on 18 August 2001
This book is a beautiful selection of a few Herriots's stories about cats. If you love cats you will love this book. Illustrations are perfect for this book too. A jewell.
on 3 March 2010
James Herriot is well known for his tales about his experience as a vet in the Dales. this book is a collection of the stories about cats that he has written about in his various books. The stories all illustrate the different characters that the cats have, one likes to visit collections of people-WI meetings, church groups and seems to be listening to every word. The vet finds these cats in a state of poor health and restores them, in one case aided by the farmers wife who put the kitten in the oven! They are delightful stories to warm your heart.
on 6 November 2012
I brought this book on recommendation and I loved it. The book is a collection of short biographical stories about cats James Herriot treated and looked after. I enjoyed very much the easy manner of his writing and his great sensitivity for cats and their owners comes through in his writing. The stories themselves are moving but not sentimental, although some of them can be quite sad. Other stories have their humorous moments too, not to mention James Herriot's obvious appreciation for each cat's personality. The collection of stories includes several about two wild cats the James Herriot and his wife looked after. The two cats would never come into the house, but they would take food left for them and they did adopt the Herriots in their own way. These stories were very good as they showed James Herriot's commitment and feeling to these two strays and it was nice to come back to these two cats at different times of their lives. In this hardback edition there are some lovely colour illustrations to accompany the stories which I liked very much, I believe the paperback edition also induces them, but as black and white illustrations rather that glorious full colour. I would recommend this book to any cat lover. It is nice to read a book about cats written by someone with such fondness.
on 1 November 2012
Very interesting book, nice to read, different stories from the experience of local veterinary doctor. Written with humor,love, . Our little friends, our bonds are mutual ,recommend .very quick smooth delivery
on 30 October 2013
It's full of really sweet stories about my favourite animals - cats! it's light, cosy reading that often makes me smile. I don't think the stories are among James Herriot's funniest but they are very enjoyable. I bought an excellent used copy from Hurley Books which arrived promptly, exactly as described, & I'd recommend you try this Seller before anyone else (I've had some terrible experiences with used goods from other Sellers).
on 11 August 2013
I bought this book because I have a print by the illustrator and wanted to see what other work she had done. I love the Herriot series on TV so to read some of his short stories was a joy. Ideal for sitting in the garden on a summer's day enjoying his gentle and amusing prose. Certainly has the feel good factor.
on 25 January 2013
I bought this little book mainly because I love Lesley Holmes' illustrations, but the heartwarming stories alongside make it a charming addition to my bokshelves. The condition is first rate, so for anyone who loves cats and watercolours, I cannot recommend it enough.
on 20 December 2012
James Herriot tells his tales and experiences so well. For a cat lover, this book has it all. Each story is so heart-warming. You will laugh and you will cry. If you are not sure that cats have great characters, you will be in no doubt after reading this book.