on 1 July 1999
I'm serious. This book is incredible. I have bought a ton of books on tarot that claimed to be for beginers and plain and simple. They ALWAYS left me confused. But not this one. It is really plain, I mean really easy to understand. I love the section on the use of numerology and astrology in the book as well. Truely opened my eyes, and a lot of the time I could be heard stting in the corner reading it going,"Oh, okkkk now I understand." I must say a million praises to the author for the clarity and ease in which in this book reads. If you a beginer- GET THIS BOOK AND SAVE YOURSELF A WHOLE LOT OF MONEY AND TIME.
0Comment| 91 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 April 2009
i wish i had bought this book years ago as it would have saved me a fortune in money and endless hours of time reading many other often conflicting tarot books.
maddie
on 15 September 1998
NOT ONLY DOES HE USE ROBIN WOOD ILLUSTRATIONS IN HIS BOOK,HE DOES AN EXCELLENT JOB WRITING IT AS WELL.I RECOMMEND IT HIGHLY TO ANYONE.
on 12 March 2013
I have bought many books to help me in my quest to learn the tarot but this is by far the best. So simple to follow and understand. No mumbo jumbo, just straight to the point. Gives you lots of various explantions of each card, right down to the number, the picture, its star sign, neumerology etc. I have found it very useful and i'm now getting on with my tarot cards much better than i was.
on 23 January 2013
After being asked over and over if I read the tarot I decided the time was right. This was purchased as a guide and I found it extremely helpful as the guide you get in with the cards is very limited. I would reccommend this book anyone who has a methodical approach to learning anything. It gives a good grounding for you until you develope your own take on each card. Well worth the money.
on 12 June 2010
We are fairly new to Tarot reading and we have found this book helpful and interesting and use it has our main guide to understanding the cards. I would recommend it.
on 1 February 2004
I bought this book a couple of years ago and it's still the first one I turn to when I want some additional insight or new ideas. It's modern in its approach, with much more info than most other tarot books e.g. reversed meanings are given in detail. There's something for the beginner and the more experienced user. Definitely worth buying.
on 6 October 2010
I love this book - the advice is clear and practical, and it encourages you to get a real feel for the cards rather than just learning someone else's point of view on their meanings. It also refers to the Robin Wood deck, which is a bonus for me as I love those cards. By far the best book I have come across - much better than just trying to memorise meanings and layouts like times' tables, it explains how to see a layout as a whole rather than just looking at individual cards and trying to link the meanings. If you can only buy one tarot book you could do a lot worse than get this one.
on 22 February 2011
I'm not a specialist, but I like to have a card reading from time to time, especially when I feel confused or I want to connect with the more essential things in my life. This is definitely the best Tarot book that I've come across as an "amateur". It is simple, but contains everything. The interpretations of the cards are very much "in tune" with my intuition, something that I rarely found with other guides. I'm really happy that I bought this book.
on 23 July 2011
Very clear and to the point. Insightful and it told you the story behind the tarot cards - Behind the major Arcanas, they actually formed a sequential story. For the minor Arcanas, the number itself has a meaning. It was interesting and I didn't know before reading the book. Different spreads which serve different purposes are also included. The author has years of experience in tarot reading and was able to give a profound description to each card.