on 28 September 2014
Too much dragon lore and too little practial magick for my taste. I was looking more for a workbook on dragon energy and how to work with it. If you're a Wiccan you'll probably really enjoy the rituals in this book. They're a bit too ceremonial for me. I have had contact with dragons without all that rigmarole. Also, IMO, Air should be Swords and Wands is Fire. DJ's traditional Wiccan reversal of this threw me and made the rituals I might have otherwise been tempted to try useless to me. Not that I can't adapt them but this author and I just weren't singing from the same hymn sheet.
on 13 October 1998
I have read quite a few 'Craft' books but this one ranks up in a term used locally as "Crystal Weenie". The book gives great imagery for using Dragons in Ritual but to make such claims as 'Dragon Language'(which just happens to have the same number of letters as in the english language) is a little much. The charts for incense and gems have nothing to do with the book and the same charts(or the like) have been in many other books, mainly the ones about incense. I would suggest using the book for ideas about Rituals but never as a 'branch' of Craft in itself.
on 10 February 1999
I totally attracted to the cover & bought the book at a local store. The first couple of chapters on dragon mythology is absolutely great, except for tiny little mistakes about Oriental dragons (I should know, I'm from the Orient & Chinese). The rituals brought forth were interesting & I can't wait to try them out in my regular rituals, but some of the things, like the incense list is common in other witchcraft/wicca/pagan books. Overall, the book makes for excellent reading and does present some very interesting ideas for rituals and sources of power.
on 4 September 1999
This book told what was needed to communicate with dragons and invite their power and wisdom into your life. Please take the time to read this book, think, and grow.
on 6 July 1998
This is a very good book on dragons and the mythical and historical lore on them. It gives good charts on the gems and incese and herbs. I enjoyed reading it. My only problem was that it said that noone who wasn't a magician could contact with dragons, that they'd be angry. That seems slightly wrong. Dragons I doubt would really care. It's informative but a bit biased and is good for people interested in dragons
on 8 July 1999
This book was absolutely incredible, I actually got in touch with about 4 or 5 dragon familiars during the reading of it. Since I'm a witch, I have small quibbles with the magician-style writing in the book (the dragon language and the names of the dragons at the quarters are both something you would find in a grimoire instead of a BoS) but it was truly beautiful and helpful in finding my dragon friends I had longed for all my life.
on 8 September 1996
I absolutely LOVED this book..it was clear..concisive....
and it didn't leave me with any questions unanswered..
it helped me expand my knowledge of the astral plane..
and also led me to become well acquainted friends with my
new-found buddies on the astral realm..
on 25 January 1999
I grew up talking with dragons, unicorns and such things. Actually, I didn't realize that others didn't. If you want information on working with dragons, this is a great book for ideas. But I want you to remember to relate to them and all in your own way. Nevertheless, read this book!
on 14 January 2015
Dragon wisdom in one interesting book .
However did find that this author seems to be quite caught up on repeating the fact that she was programmed not to believe in Dragons, which does get a bit annoying at times, apart from this its a brilliant book if your interested in dragons particularly if you wish to use them in your magic workings.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 31 March 2014
Enjoyed this book very much. Very informative. Love the illustrations too. The author loves her subject and makes her dragons really come alive.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse