Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 12 July 2000
Out of date and inaplicable to the only real current application for VBScript, which is in server-side with ASP; book is 3 versions out of date and very client-oriented. Strange, because ORA were always very javascript/netscape oriented and VBScript was already a failure as a client-side technology when the book came out. O'Reilly are usually great, but this book is sad evidence that they don't always keep their list up to date and continue to push way-out-of-date items. It's a shame, because an ORA guide to VBScript 5 with ASP would be _so_ useful given the terrible state of Microsoft ASP documentation.
on 2 June 2000
Having dipped my toes into the murky water of ASP I found I was needing some reference on VBSCRIPT and purchased this book. On the day it arrived I eagerly opened my package and placed the cdrom in the drive only to find that the version that the book and samples are based on is VBSCRIPT 2.0. As we are now using (and have been for a little while) version 5.0 the book is about as much use as a chocolate match. I flicked through the pages and for that part the book is well written and would be an excellent choice if it is revamped for todays systems.
on 31 July 2012
Quite happy with this item, would of prefered less games script and more serious ones. I wanted to know how to set up a class survey but it did help me work things out.
on 13 May 1999
The morning I got this book I needed to write a script and had very little knowledge of VBScript (although I had done some VB). I skimmed the book in half a day and had my application produced by the evening.
I have now moved on to developing ASP and use this book almost daily as a reference.
on 13 December 2000
Very useful book, for examples on how to do things