on 2 April 2017
I actually ordered the audio version of this book (on CD) but it took so long to arrive I cancelled the order and went for the book instead. In hindsight I should have stuck with the audio as this is the kind of book that is better heard than read. Having said that, if you're new to the teachings of Zig Ziglar, you'll still get pleasure out of this. If you're already familiar with him (through the Zig Ziglar podcast for example), the audio version would be a much better investment and reminder.
on 8 May 2017
Fast delivery, packaged well and great content. Uploaded it to iTunes and can now keep the cd's in the car.
on 26 March 2017
A CLASSIC !!!!
on 14 March 2017
Zig Ziglar is incredibly inspirational and yet very down to earth - what more can you ask for from a self-help book :)
on 18 August 2017
Zig is such an inspiration and there are some great stories in this to help you get serious.
Speaker and writer Zig Ziglar makes the most of being endearingly cornball. He straightforwardly writes, "I plead guilty to loving the Lord, my wife, my family [and] my fellow man." He proudly wears his heart on his sleeve, dedicating this book to his beloved spouse of more than half a century, "Sugar Baby." He is sentimental to the extreme, writing across from the title page: "You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want." Well, people obviously love Ziglar's schmaltzy wisdom. For almost four decades, he has been a hugely popular motivational speaker and writer. This book, a classic from 1975, has been published in 12 languages, including Korean, Serbian, Turkish and Slovenian. Unlike many motivational, self-help authors who serve up insipid clichés and warmed-over mush, Ziglar offers worthy, inspiring - if simplistic - ideas on improving your life and achieving your goals. Some of his message stems from his cited Christian beliefs, but his focus is on boosting your morale, not your morals. getAbstract thinks he'll make you feel good about yourself, the people around you and life in general, if you can just accept that corniness is part of the package.
on 2 March 2007
This is an inspirational and informative book on how you can achieve remarkable success, wealth, confidence, peace and joy in your life by adopting the right attitude, positive self-image, setting challenging but achievable goals, adopting a productive work ethic, establishing good loving relationships with others, among other things. By the use of numerous and enlightening stories, Zig Ziglar shows the reader the way to the top and how we can improve our careers, our relationships and our destiny.

This insightful book explains how you can build a strong belief, confidence and how to get into the action habit in an easy to follow and understand format which makes the book useful to a wide readership. The book pragmatically examines why many people achieve mediocrity or are failures and what it takes to be a winner in a big way.

This is a self-help book, a how-to book on how you can get anything you want in life. I treat reading the book as a process of continuous learning about my personal vision, goals, self-image, human relations and desires both at work and in my family. I use it as my guide for dealing with people and in integrating the different responsibilities in my life, encompassing my professional, family and personal responsibilities.

I found the book inspiring, stimulating, thought provoking and very interesting. I refer to the book often to energize my spirit and to keep me thinking positively and avoiding being bogged down by trivialities.

This is an exceptional book for those that wish to live a happy, healthy, meaningful and successful life and to increase productivity in both business and personal basis.
on 8 November 2010
Zig explains his philosophies with a Texan drawl and a sense of humour unsurpassed in the self-help audio world. As for the book, it may be old and some stories may appear dated as a result but the ideas behind them are as relevant today as they were when he wrote them back in the 70s. And there is plenty of it - you won't be short-changed.

Some readers may have heard that Zig is religious - well, he is but he does not flog this aspect of his character to death and apart from some preaching in a later chapter (communists beware!) you'd probably miss it.

I cannot recommend this book highly enough.
on 26 January 2010
I am a genuine sceptic about rah rah motivational speaking, but this is a truely inspirational cd. It is insightful, funny and easy to absorb. Zig Ziglar makes you think about things which seem so simple and obvious when you hear him speak about them, little tips and anecdotes ensure that you will never forget them. I would recommend this to anyone, a great buy
on 6 January 1999
Zig Ziglar is the undisputed King and World Champion of Motivation! The practicality of this fine work is enhanced by the depth of the man that wrote it. This is no mere "Smile Therapy", but the sincere outpourings of a man who has worked from dirt floors to ballrooms to help people of all stripes to get motivated and maintain an attitude of excellence. Zig is one of my HEROES! Read this book and He will become one of yours as well.