on 29 December 2016
Arrived as expected. Wonderful... Great for car journeys or winding down at the end of the day. I owned the tape version some years ago, along with some of his other stuff, and the kids and I played them to death on the school run.

Any age enjoys a wonderful story told really well.

I have no doubt the cd version will be returned to again and again.

Or it would be if my, now adult, son hadn't pinched it for his journey to work.
on 22 May 2016
Bought this as an audio book for my mum who is partially sighted and can't read any longer. I read Lake Wobegon Days many years ago (borrowed from a library) in the days when internet shopping was a thing of science fiction, and enjoyed it so much that I eventually bought a copy for myself. My mum likes Bill Bryson so I thought that she would also appreciate the gentler humour of Garrison Keillor; and fortunately she does! It's not laugh-out-loud funny, although I did once laugh out loud reading it (spoiler alert: description of an accident a tractor) whilst on a commuter train, which really isn't the done thing! Garrison Keillor has a great knack for story-telling, spinning a yarn which creates a fantastic blanket of great texture and colour. His descriptions of Minnesota characters are barbed and affectionate.

The CDs arrived promptly from the seller and it was exactly as described.
on 10 February 2013
witty and well written as always G Keillor keep you amused through the whole book (CD) you won't want to stop, ideal for long journey, keep the kids happy even if they don't always understand how funny and real the stories are you can't stay depressed when listening to him. should be given on the NHS
on 22 March 2016
For me Garrison Keillor is a superb narrator with a well honed subject he knows well.
So I loved it.
on 27 March 2016
Arrived early - absolutely delighted, I had this book many years ago & it got lost, a very witty & delightful read.
on 22 September 2017
great!
on 5 June 2007
Listen to the CD - then read the book. Once you've got Keillor's voice in your head, you'll never read his books the same way again. Gentle humour about growing up in Lake Wobegon, the town the map-makers missed (yes, it's in Mist County). Carefully observed detail, related with love (and occasionally impatience). Yes, this is small-town America, and eventually Keillor escaped to the big city. These are the memories of his childhood.
on 26 August 2017
This was a book club choice which I did not particularly enjoy
on 13 July 2016
great story for all the family
on 26 August 2016