on 6 January 2013
This is a good book with some inspiring ideas and different ways of looking at the Tarot making links with Numerology and astrology, and encouraging to use your intuition to interpret cards and spreads. BUT and this is something that could have easily be put right in the kindle edition that I have, there are a number of basic mistakes in the calculations of year cards. At the beginning of the book there is an example sum that does not add up, the total should be 2035, not 2036 therefore card 10 not 11 and most of the table called Calculating Year Card is out by one from the very beginning as there is a duplication of year numbers in the first section. I only found out after charting my year numbers and ending up with a year card that did not correspond with the year card I had calculated for 2013.
A further criticism is that because this book was devised as a workbook in which you could enter personal information there are lines and spaces throughout which push the formatting out of line. These gaps and lines are totally redundant in this version of the book and could be edited out to make the book easier to read in the e-edition. The consequence of this de-formatting is that sentences get cut up and disconnected, headings get spread across the page or two lines, or even two pages. It would also help in the reading if everything was justified to the left rather than some headings justified to spread across the page. It helps a bit if you hold your tablet in the portrait mode but some editing would improve the layout considerably. Lastly, one of the advantages of an e book is that you can link to websites and other information, unfortunately not all the links work...
It is a shame that these irritating factors are present, it interferes with the serious study this book deserves; as an e book it is not cheap and you would expect better quality of editing than is displayed here.
on 20 January 2017
At last I've found such a book....I am a reader and so many if us have trouble reading our own spreads. Not anymore! Full of ideas, techniques etc. Arrived this morning & have hardly put it down. For the experienced reader who's interested in reading their own don't look any further.. Brilliant. Delighted
on 14 August 2008
Being a tarot beginner, I bought several books teaching the tarot plus I've got some books that came with the decks too. This is by far the most indepth book I have found. It doesn't only focus on teaching you the meaning of the cards and how to do spreads, it encourages you to go on a real journey of self-discovery and meditation. I like Greer's focus on following your own intuition rather than just using book interpretations.
Personally, I am more attracted to the symbolism in the cards and what it tells me about myself or my situation rather than the divination side of the tarot and Greer's matter of fact kind of approach suits me more than some authors who put great emphasis on ritual and divination. If I would recommend one tarot book, it's definetly this one.
on 9 January 2006
I would recommend this book to beginners and advanced users of tarot such as myself. This is a great book for improving your psychic intuition as it gives you guided visulizations to follow to enhance your ability to summon your intuition at will! It talks about various rituals such as grounding and cleansing the deck, methods of using the tarot. It is very interactive and gives you the ability to actively participate in the book. You can actually write in the book as you follow it through, this is very helpful. It teaches you how to purify your cards with the elements and how to use different spreads and perform indepth readings. It teaches you about healing with crystals and using crystals to record readings. It's an absolutely great read! Another fantastic book to add to my tarot collection. A real hands on gem of a book! Highly Recommended :)
on 1 May 2017
Recieved the book about a week after ordering from world books. The book was listed as very good condition and it was. I am very happy with the condition it came in.
I love the book as it has some very good excerises to help you learn tarot. Definitely recommend it
on 8 August 2013
As i said above a great tarot book. its worth owning. another book you can keep going back to and if like me you like to read what you have written then this book is the book to have its great value and if theres anything you dont understand in you cards this book should help you understand them better
on 27 March 2015
Not a fan of miss Greer, more than likely be shot down for saying this by the die-hards, but in my opinion there are others far more advanced.
on 3 October 2015
Very good for reading for yourself, not as in the standard reading but great for your spiritual journey. Helps with goals, lessons, gifts and hidden ablities.
on 30 June 2016
Great work book really helpful when you're starting out with the tarot or even a good reawakening of your intuition
on 7 May 2015
Brought as a gift for a friend... they are working through it and loving it ... Thank you