on 11 November 2011
I first bought this book for my one-year-old niece and it was such a hit with both of us that I've since bought it for every kid I know. My niece is now 11 and I've seen a lot of kids fall in love with Barnyard Dance over the last 10 years. It's got clapping and stomping, rhythm and rhyme, animal noises and actions -- and to top it off, Sandra Boynton's lovely illustrations. When it asks you to "take another spin with the barnyard dog", it's completely irresistible. How could you say no? Stomp your feet! Clap your hands! Enjoy this book called Barnyard Dance!
on 3 July 2007
My 4 kids have all loved S. Boynton's books, and what is more amazing is that even I still enjoy reading them to my 4th child!. Boynton's books always make us laugh. But this Barnyard Dance is a family favourite, as we read it as if we were singing a country song somewhere in deep Kansas...however, we are on the rocking chair in London! The kids just love it.
on 4 September 2000
This is one of the best books I have bought for my son. The pictures are very cute and he loves the words. We even act it out some times and do the "Barnyard Dance"!
on 7 February 2011
This book was bought recently for my daughter (20 mths) and she LOVES IT!!!!
She wants it read to her every bedtime at least twice.
The rhyming is great, and almost impossible to read aloud without doing a dodgy country and western accent :) We have even done the actions, and as she gets older I imagine we will do a lot more of the actions. The illustrations are lovely and funny. I hadn't heard of Sandra Boynton before but I am definitely going to be buying more soon.
Fantastic book for kids of all ages!
on 4 October 2014
i bought this book for my 27 year old Daughter and her husband to be for there wedding as there nickname is Barnyard and he was so nervous about there first dance they were also holding wedding in a very old barn in suffolk, they loved it and the owner of the barn thought it so funny he is ordering a book for a charity raffle prize. My girls grew up with the cow goes moo book so this was so appropriate for her special day.
on 14 August 2013
This is a brilliant book, not only can you sit and read but you can dance around the room.

We've only recently discovered Sandra Boynton but now have Moo Baa La La which to me looked veyr simple but my daughter giggles away at it and also Hippos Go Berserk which is just great.

A definite must if you like action songs/ books.
on 12 August 2010
My little ones love this book. Great fun and easily remembered for the little ones to rhyme along to.

I think age 2 to 6 is a good age range, as a listerner to begin with and then as an aid to learning to read.

Barnyard dance is also really well illustrated. Lovely and one I'd recommend.
on 14 January 1998
My daughter loves this book and I love reading it to her. The rhymning words read like a sing-song and my daughter bobs her head as I read the words. I recommend this and many other Boyton books.
on 16 December 2013
My whole family loves this book. When I read it to my son, I tap my hand to a rhythmn and now he insists that this book always be read to a beat!! It is adorable and he loves this book. He usually chuckles at the end as well.
on 10 June 2013
Excellent book.Wonderful to share with my Grandson.He joins in with all the actions.
Well written and uses new and interesting words