on 22 January 2003
Forget the Bible and Shakespear,if I was on Desert Island Discs,my book would be the collected Krazy Kat comic strips of George Herriman.Nearly sixty years after his death,his genius is now widely recognised,and with the printing of these new books,more people will get the chance to appreciate the beauty,the humour,the pathos,and the sheer humanity of Herrimans inspired creation.I cant explain why,but reading Krazy Kat often reduces me to tears-it has affected me more than anything else I`ve ever read.It is funny,wise,poetic,and very,very beautiful.To anyone who is new to Krazy Kat and doesnt get it at once,I would say persevere and give the dialogue and the characters a chance to weave their magic on you.Herriman with the help of a Kat, Mouse,and a Pupp,and other appealing characters,explores the nature of love,of being,of well,really,just about everything.He`s an artist,a philosopher,a poet,and a playwright.Krazy Kat is just absolutly brilliant.
on 11 October 2002
I'd never entered the whacky world of Krazy Kat and Kolleagues before I read this book. Mad spelling, scribbly drawing and a perversely sideways take on reality make it a joy. To be honest I had to read a fair few of the cartoons before I was able to "tune into" the skrewball logic... but when I did a world of wonder opened up.
I urgently recommend you try these if you have the slightest interest in cartoons/comics.
on 29 October 2008
If you're interested in Surrealism and popular culture in its many guises - then this is the starting point. Krazy Kat was a contemporary of the birth of Parisian Surrealism and it's all here. This edition has some great background information, is well-designed and thorough.
Dark Windows
on 26 December 2014
A great compilation, nicely presented in a rather nicely tactile volume.
You can tell the producers love the content and quite rightly so!
It's a book of genius, amazing poetic tales of love and violence, with image style that you will recognise in many contemporary works.
Massively influential and utterly great. If you're a fan of comic strips, buy this and wallow in the delights of a strip way ahead of its time.

Love is a brick to the back of the head POW!
on 21 November 2013
Ethereal beauty and low brow shenananigans abound in this volume of krazy kat and ignatz. Dont ask me to describe it, just buy it and wallow in its glory. Become a comic snob today. HIGHKY REKKOMENDED I REKKON.
on 9 January 2012
An excellent collection of the Krazy Kat comics from 1925 and 1926. Recommended to those who have a yen for the peculiar language and landscape of Cococino County.
on 9 February 2016