on 1 May 2017
As an introduction to the subject I found this book generally useful however I was also a little distracted by some of the contradictions (where I found it difficult to tie up his actions / feelings in certain situation versus the Buddhist interpretation placed upon that scenario). I also had the feeling that, in a few places, the author was using the narrative stories to settle old scores (e.g. in relation to people who rejected his previous manuscripts, & his "good Karma" in getting them published anyway).
Overall, enjoyable but flawed.
S.
on 27 November 2017
The title intrigued me so I thought it was worth a read, anything that might help me get through life with more understanding of a bigger picture would be worth the time. It's certainly interesting to read it from someone who is very normal and down to earth, not the type of person you would expect to be a Buddhist. I really enjoyed it and it gave me lots to think about, well written and not 'preaching to' on any way. It's definitely got me interested in taking things further. Thank you David!
on 24 June 2017
Absolutely loved this book! It was well written, covered all the key points and served as a wonderful introduction for the spiritually curious. So. Cub so I bought 2 more of David's books half way through this one :)
on 30 July 2015
I could relate to the way that the author kept his stories simple
A very good read and definitely worth the price
Good simple instructions for beginners starting out on the meditation journey
on 15 September 2017
What a great read and listen, first book I've got through in ages. Very interesting and a none annoying voice!
on 24 May 2015
Enjoyed parts of this and other parts, more of the personal anecodotes, not so easy to digest. Some helpful approaches to mediating.
on 11 September 2013
In his explanation of his own ,and others', journeys into Buddhism ,Michie makes a very strong case for the reader to seek to follow this most beautiful of pathways. Be careful, you may not be able to resist!
on 3 June 2017
This book more than met my expectations, and I literally could not put the book down. David Michie brings Tibetan Buddhism alive for me. I really got a taste of what it is like to practice this wonderfully rich tradition.
on 1 September 2015
nicely read, engaging and easy to understand.
on 12 January 2016