on 8 May 2009
I bought this because S&S is one of my absolute favourite rainy day, sunny day and ironing day films... in fact, I have been known to watch it in small chunks throughout a cleaning day, too!

I am also a massive Alan Rickman and Emma Thompson fan (I know, I can see you yawning from here...) so to have the diaries was a total bonus.

The Screenplay is brilliant and I have sat through the film reading the words out loud! lol

Basically, if you love the film you will love the book. If you like the idea of working in the film industry, it gives a fascinating insight into the process and the time consuming nature of the work. It also shows that actors are human too, and it's very funny!

I loved it and it will stay by bed like a Gideon bible.
on 17 December 2015
I have watched this film so many times that I almost know the script off by heart, but it is interesting to read of the endless revisions and changes of direction it went through before it was completed and indeed the time scale of these events and the reason for the changes. The most interesting section to me though are the Diaries, it is here that the real work on producing an end product starts, a good read and a deep insight into the incredible amount of work in producing this finished film.
on 12 April 2014
Not does it only come with bts photos, but Emma Thompson's film journal, which is as hilarious as the woman herself.
on 8 December 2014
Who knew Emma Thompson was/is so potty-mouthed! What's with all the F*** words in a book that would be read by young girls as well as adults.