on 18 January 1999
I've been working with different versions of Visio for over 5 years now, but I bought both of Grabowski's books (beginning and advanced) to learn "everything" I could about Visio. This book was an excellent tutorial, well written, and patient. Exercises were educational and the book just seemed to move along at a good pace. I was impressed.
on 30 July 1998
The book is well written and easy to read with good graphics for a beginner level user. It did not provide the information I was searching for. The program is very intuitive to use as the book shows. I wanted to learn how to develop my own templates and stencils. I have not been able to find a clear explanation anywhere as how to do this. I mainly use Visio Home because it has more residential type stencils provided with it. I've wanted to import those stencils into Visio Technical 5 and create custom ones for home planning type layouts. Someone needs to publish a good book that covers this subject clearly.