Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

on 6 May 2016
I read this book over and over years ago, lost the book but was happy to see it on here. I would recommend this book to anyone who love a good love story with a happy ending , spills and thrills , one book you will never get tired of reading, well done.
on 18 September 2003
If you like a good story that grabs you from the beginning with a tall dark broody hero, this is one for you! I liked MacKenzie from the beginning, as his son describes, 'he was like a stallion in heat' trying to get to the heroine! The later books in the 'MacKenzie' series live up to the original, which is unusal. I read this when it first came out, and bought it again in reprint. A must!
on 11 February 2003
This has to be the most wonderful book I have ever read. The story of Mary Potter and Wolf McKenzie is just great. There are no words to describe the emotions that you go through while reading this. You'll be transported to the ranch Wolf runs with his son Joe on top of the mountain and surrounding area with ease. It has it's dangers too as Mary finds out but with Wolf on her side true love wins the day. As I've already said buy this book you won't be sorry and It's a keeper, just like all Linda Howards books.
on 6 March 2011
Read all the Mackenzie books it is truly a fabulous series.
Starting with Mackenzies Mountain. Wolf is part indian and tough with it, he keeps to himself where he trains horses on his ranch and he is annoyed to find the new scoolteacher, whos car has broken down in a snowstorm on his mountain road. Miss Potter is the spinster schoolteacher who is outraged to find Wolfs son "Joe" dropped out of school, because being a half breed set him apart from the other kids. She takes on the whole town as she fights for Joes rights. Wolf and Elizabeth fall in love, this is a beautiful story and the other books about Joe and his other brothers and sisters are just as good. I loved Chances story, he is an adopted brother. Read all of them you will enjoy. I believe you can now buy two stories together in one book which saves money, and look for "other sellers" sometimes you can buy realy cheap.
Enjoy
Madge
on 4 April 2016
This is were the Mackenzie series started, its stood the test of time and I enjoyed it as much as I did years ago. 5 stars though it deserves more.
on 3 March 2016
Believable characters a fast paced plot...kept my interest going.
I was sympathetic to the lead Malle characters...I loved the ending.
on 22 July 2004
The first book i ever read of linda howard,s WoW i read it in a day. What would you give for a man like Wolf. Fantastic romance.
on 27 March 2016
Another great story about the Mackenzie clan, thoroughly enjoyable. Linda Howard never lets you down.
on 28 October 2007
Looking through one of the Listmanias a few weeks ago, this book was highly recommended and having 5 stars from many readers I decided to buy it. I wasn`t let down!!!! It has to be one of my all time great reads - so good in fact that I`m re reading it straight away. I read it in a day it was so good. Many romantic books revolve around young and beautiful characters which gets a bit boring after a while because they aren`t like real life situations. This book was different! It`s main characters are in their 30s and the heroine is a dowdy schoolteacher. The hero is a half breed Indian/scot. The prejudice faced by these people is very real and the chemistry between them is beautiful and at times quite steamy. Jamie Fraser now has a rival for my affections!
on 19 March 2016
brilliant book , cant wait to read the rest