Customer reviews

Sweet Baby
Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

on 3 August 2015
Read this some year back and I loved it again
on 9 October 2015
another great book from Sharon Sala.
on 25 December 1997
In 1973 Arkansas, six year old Victoria Lancaster was abandoned. Due to selective amnesia, the trauma of coming home to an empty house has been buried deep in her subconscious. Over the subsequent years, Tory's childhood memories revolve around being bounced from foster home to foster home. For the past three years, Tory has lived with DA investigator Brett Hooker. Over the past quarter of a century, he is the only person to slightly dent Tory's emotional shield, but even he knows that in spite of their obvious love for each other, the ephemeral Tory is incapable of any deeper commitment.
Her last photo assignment had Tory away from Brett for six weeks. However, though their lovemaking reaches stratospheric heights, something seems to be bothering Tory. A picture of a tattooed person that she recently shot has invoked hidden memories and has led to gruesome nightmares. Between this and Brett being shot on the job, Tory fears being abandoned again. Though thoroughly frightened, the intrepid Tory decides it is time to confront her past, regardless of the danger it leads to, if she is to enjoy a future with the man she loves.
SWEET BABY is an ingenious psychological romance that allows readers to see first hand the childhood traumas affecting an otherwise tender but dauntless individual and the man willing to risk everything to protect her back. The story line is both emotional and fast-paced, a rare summit that only the supreme scribes such as Sharon Sala can successfully scale. Fans of psychological romance will cherish this keeper.
Harriet Klausner
10 people found this helpful
on 14 September 2003
Usually I wax lyrical when I attempt to write these reviews.
I can think of nothing more to say about this book than you have to read it and you must have a box of tissues beside you when you do.
Do not be fooled by the title - it has nothing about children dying (that is not why you need the tissues). It's about the shape of our childhood shaping us in adulthood.
It is superb reading - one to read in a single sitting.
3 people found this helpful
on 24 December 1998
Luckily I have the week off for Christmas because I started reading this book this morning and couldn't put it down until it was finished. This is my first book by Sharon Sala and it won't be my last. Tory and Brett and incredible and the nature of the story is heart wrenching. I will definetly pass this book on to my friends.
3 people found this helpful
on 4 January 1999
I know someone who,as a adult, is just now going thru the pain of remembering and this book is so accurate it hurts. However, seeing someone make it thru with style is very encouraging. I will now begin the process of reading everything this lady has written!
4 people found this helpful
on 29 July 1999
This author was in my Amazon.com recommendations list and I decided to try one. I'm really glad that I did! This book made me laugh and cry. It's the best that I've read from a new author in a long time!
One person found this helpful
on 10 November 2003
Had I have known that this was going to be an 'unputdownable' I'd have organised my time better but as a Sharon Sala virgin I'd no idea that I'd shut myself up and read this book within two days. The housework went to pot, fortunately the children are old enough to sort themselves out... Sweet Baby is the first book that's made me cry in years. Romance, mystery, suspense...this book has it all along with an unexpected psychological depth that blew me away.
15 people found this helpful
on 5 January 2010
I love this book. It is my favourite book of all time. The plot thickens and doesn't disappoint. I brought my copy at a local market and didn't regret it. Sad that I leant my copy to someone and didn't get it back so I will be buying another. Sharon Sala is an excellent author. I recommend this book to those interested in mystery/romance novels.
One person found this helpful
on 7 May 2013
I agree entirely with Wow! what a page turner. This is a book that I will forever hold onto. It is written with great emotional depth and I cried.
I recommend this book to anyone who enjoys this genre. What a writer. I bought the paperback.