Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 26 January 2009
I bought this book from an American supplier. Being a fan of the author I was keen to see what it was like. I have to say that I have found it a very useful little book, full of ideas and recipes for travelling and everything I have cooked so far has been yummy. I also like to keep it in my handbag so that when I am popping to the shop for ingredients for dinner I have something to refer to.
on 27 March 2009
I brought this book having never seen anything buy the author before. Being a fan of other vegan cookbooks such as vwav and vegan cupcakes take over the world I thought I'd give it a go as am always looking for new things to add to the menu! I was not disappointed! This has to be up there as a near favorite! The best aspect is that because its geared upto travel, none of the recipies really require anything that is hard to find. If you don't live near a good health food shop you'll love this book as everything is so easy to get hold of.
The 'fried chicken' style seitan has to be the best so far, even meat eaters love it!
on 12 October 2009
It is every vegan's Achille's Heel: How am I going to eat when I am away from home? This book is a fantastic solution to that problem, it really is so tiny and yet it easy to read and contains so many great recipes!Plus I really like the recommendations people have written to Sarah with or stories/memories that go with the recipes. I take it to my in-laws and it has saved me already on so many occasions, I am looking forward to seeing what I can make from it this Christmas! Thank you Sarah Kramer, another marvellous book with a very clever twist!
on 7 November 2010
This is mainly a cookbook, with nice looking recipes that are not too complicated.
However, this really is not useful for those who spend time on the road without proper cooking facilities, utensils and basic ingredients like oil and spices etc.
on 18 January 2012
Travelling as a vegan is hard I find so i thought this book would help loads. I was put off a little to begin with as the author comes across as having OCD and I couldn't relate to need about cleanliness! All this book is is a small recipe book that can be used if you can cook somewhere when travelling. Not what I had in mind when I purchased it.