TOP 100 REVIEWERon 28 November 2016
This book's main positive, that the recipes are all simple to make without any elaborate cookery skills, is also its biggest weakness as it leads to a bit of a lack of variety. I have never, for example, seen so many recipes featuring pine nuts in the reduced-carbohydrate recipes chapter. If you already know how to cook a little bit and are familiar with healthy ingredients, then it may be a slight let down.

The book looks good and the layout is good. I like how the recipes look on the page, with a couple of introductory sentences and photographs for most of them. For a book of this sort though, it would have been helpful to see nutritional information (calories, fat, protein, carbohydrates, sugar etc) accompanying each recipe. The introduction is quite well-thought out and to the point, but in my opinion there are some things included that should be nowhere near a book like this. Namely the chapter featuring “my lean winners”, which is basically a host of photographs of people in their underwear before and after they have lost weight. Save that for social media surely? The HIIT training chapter seems like mainly an excuse to feature more photographs of Joe Wicks, and adds very little to the book. The book is quite thick and bulky at 240 pages long, but it could have included some more interesting recipes instead of the rather pointless last couple of chapters in my opinion.

Overall, this is a decent book but not the best healthy cooking book I have seen. There are some good ideas but there was the potential for it to be better with a bit more imagination.

You can look inside the book and see some of these details, but for completeness the contents page looks like this:

Introduction 5
Pyramid resistance HIIT training 192
My lean winners 220
Index 234
Acknowledgements 237

The full list of recipes:

'Nutella' Smoothie

Joe's Peanut Butter Brownies
Frozen Berry Yoghurt
Chocolate and Protein Mousse
Raspberry Clafoutis
11 Comment| 210 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 December 2016
On Amazon website it would be helpful if you could look further into the book at just a couple of recipes to give an idea what the cooking is like instead of pictures of his body.
on 12 December 2016
Not as good as the other 2 books. Kind of get the feeling he is selling out now and just rehashing old recipes. There are also a lot in here that he has previously posted on instagram and facebook so be prepared to see things you've already had. That being said there are some decent new additions.
on 15 January 2017
Received this book as a Christmas present and i'm completely sold. The meals are so quick and easy to prepare, and if any are indeed longer recipes, it clearly states that in the book. Every recipe that I have cooked has been delicious and so simple & quick to do. With regards to cost, my partner and I have made all of our meals from this book for the past 2 weeks and spent around £60 a time on shopping- that's creating 6 meals and breakfasts and 5 lunches for the week ( i love the lemon-basil pesto salad!). One review said breakfasts were rubbish- personally we love the banana pancakes and i've been eating the overnight oats every morning. I understand that £60 a week on shopping is for some a huge amount but for us it's about what we paid before switching to these recipes.

Joe is a big fan of "prepping like a boss" but we don't have the equipment or the space to do this effectively, and we have still managed to come in from a long day's work and create healthy, tasty meals. On days where we don't HIIT train, we opt for low-carb/no-carb recipes, and following a HIIT session we cook something more filling. I can't afford the 90 day SSS plan (despite really wanting to try it!) so have been pairing the meals with the free HIIT videos on youtube, and still manage to make a meal from scratch after doing it in the evenings.

I can't wait to get the other 2 books to see what other lovely food i'll be cooking!
on 15 January 2017
I have all 3 books and this is my favourite by far. Can't comment on the workouts as I use his DVD, but there are some delicious recipes in here and so quick and easy, my husband and kids are loving them too. I am losing weight and eating more food - what is not to like?!
on 9 January 2017
I got this book for Christmas, so far I'm very impressed! I rarely use cookbooks for daily meals as I find they have so many ingredients, I love quick easy meals! This is the perfect solution, they literally do only take 15 minutes and are so easy, so far I've not made anything that I didn't like, really tasty and certainly filling! Very clever with how he uses his ingredients and cooking methods to keep it so healthy! Would recommend to anyone, and will be adding his other books to my collection.
on 8 January 2017
I absolutely love this book, it's full of great recipes and some great workouts. Joe goes into detail with tips on sustaining a great shape. I would definitely recommend this book, I would also recommend purchasing Lean In 15 1&2 which again are full of great recipes, great workouts and everything you need to not only get into shape, but to stay in shape too.
on 16 January 2017
My wife bought me this book and the previous couple for Christmas. This was the catalyst for us to begin the Body Coach 90-day challenge which we're doing well on. I have to say the food in this book as well as the other 2 is pure class. We haven't had a bad meal yet and are eating much healthier than we ever imagined we could be capable of. The idea is to have 3 meals a day (with 2 snacks AM / PM). If you haven't exercised you will eat 3 meals from the RC ( reduced carb ) section. If you have worked out at some point in the day. For example, in the morning. You would be able to choose a carby breakfast post-work out meal. The same goes for if you worked out in the evening. You'd be able to eat straight afterwards a carby tea / evening dinner. The other 2 meals would also be reduced carbs. Hope this review helps and gets people buying the books. You could waste £8 on a lot worse! :)

We are also using his new DVD for our work outs.
on 12 January 2017
Fantastic recipes using ingredients you will use again if not in your pantry already!
Have tried the chicken curry which was yum but the beef with filo pastry is my favourite and the kids love it to - bonus!!
on 26 November 2016
Some nice receipes in here but I also have the previous two books and find that the meals are becoming quite similar. Good for the price but don't think I will be buying the next instalment