Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 27 November 2014
I'd not read a 'zombie' book before finishing this trilogy. In all fairness, I couldn't put them down, reading way into the night and immediately downloading the next book, with just a sneak peak to keep me going till the morning ...( ok, ok, I would end up reading for at least another hour and them some more.. )
After reading some of the other reviews, many had said this were not your usual unbelievable and over stated gore. I can wholeheartedly agree. The plot is one we have all been familiarised with via Hollywood, ( one can't help but wonder why......) the characters are well rounded, likeable and believable. Your heart races as the writer tortures your imagination with graphic scenes involving the undead and what it would REALLY be like to survive and a world where almost everyone has turned into a snarling, snapping, mindless killing machine... Personally, I'd rather never find out if I have what it takes to live that long ..but I would happily continue to read the daily struggles of Bill and the rest of the few thousand straggling survivors of a now 'dead' world. Really enjoyed reading this, try it on for size.
on 10 October 2016
Another great book in this series. Continue to love the English setting, and the character development.

Perhaps not as good as the first two, and I agree with some other reviewers, some of the story arches wrapped up too quickly, especially compared to the more steady but still tense pace of the rest of the books.

My biggest gripe is that this appears to be the end of theses characters story lines, and I want more, I don't have closure!
on 5 July 2017
A great read.
My only irritation being I have to stop at the end of each book and write a review.
I continue to enjoy this series of books.
They are well thought out and interesting,exciting and make me wish it was all one continuous book.
On to the next book.
on 19 September 2017
Was more into this third book in the series than the second. I think the involvement of other characters give it a bit more and the inclusion of the government and the government officials makes it a better read. The story is moving onto another part now and it kept me involved. I look forward to the next one, to see where the story is going and if everything comes to light on how the apocalypse started etc.
on 13 May 2017
I started reading this series with a free sample and was hooked.
Amazing read.
If you are a zombie or post apocalypse fan then you will enjoy this.
Definitely buying the full series.
on 2 May 2017
Am now reading the series. Very good books . Sorry I do not normally write reviews do not know what else to add except I hope he continues writing.
on 6 April 2017
This is a human level view of mutually assured destruction. Super powers moving pawns around in a game where billions lose.
on 8 November 2016
Still enjoying these books. The story is consistently interesting and the characters are strong and well defined. The subject matter is one of my favourites.
on 27 May 2017
The suspense has grown from book to book. It took a while to get into book one but once hooked I have found myself devouring every sentence with undignified impatience. A really great read a short review and an insatiable desire to download book 4!!!
on 12 September 2016
Great story! Sorry when it ended. Will remember the characters for a long time. A British "Walking dead" A Zombie fan must read!