on 9 December 2013
I loved this book as a kid, so when I came accross it I had to reread again, at this point they have the nice deluxe binding from Barnes & Noble Leatherbound Classic Collection, so I would recommend that one as it just looks nicer on the outside.

But the story is a classic, from start to end, and you dont feel that it is over 100 years ago that it was written it still reads well.
on 6 June 2014
First read this 50 years ago.Society changes.I found that I didn't remember the interminable lists of fishes he included.Most upsetting is the casual slaughter of species whether animal or fish.When I first read this I just accepted the premise that Man is absolute,It really upsets me that wiping a species out was then acceptable.By all means read this but do be prepared to be upset.
on 8 April 2016
As described
on 8 August 2010
I would recommend this book to anyone who likes science fiction type story lines. Verne was well ahead of his time to think up the concept of a submarine (that today would be thought of as common place), and bring it to life in novel form. He was like the star trek of his generation; coming up with futuristic ideas for entertainment which eventually gets used in everyday life. It can be a bit factual at times (which can get annoying as some of these facts are made up for the story line) but still a great book. Maybe more of a man's book, but i would still recommend it to anyone. Will be certainly reading his other works.
on 13 February 2017
This is a great edition, and has helpful notes at the bottom of some pages so that you can decode the old cultural references that no longer make sense.
on 24 August 2017
Without a doubt one of the most boring books I've ever read. The first couple of chapters are the most interesting and the last few where OK but everything in between is just full of underwater jargon. I still have no idea what a zoophyte is.
on 23 February 2014
A narrative that easily stands the test of time. Would have given it five stars but for the large amount of space filling by describing numerous varieties of fish.
The science in the book remains contemporary and either shows how little we have progressed or how advanced Mr Verne and his sources were.
Enjoyable reading for almost any age group.
on 5 January 2013
I saw the film as a child so decided to read the book. What an adventure! I couldn't remember if the three men got off the Nautilus and, at certain points in the story, I rather hoped they'd stay. But all good journeys come to an end. It is with great excitement that I read the story and know that those who enjoy a good yarn will definitely appreciate this one.
on 6 April 2013
I use this book for my English lessons 'one to one'. It is a classic that never fails to hold the children's interest. Hate to say it but boys seem to like it more than the girls I've taught. But this isn't necessarily always the case I'm sure. I love the book myself and even at my age I wouldn't tire of it.
on 25 June 2017
Nice classic story. Prompt delivery.