Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire

on 26 March 2014
I purchased this book as well as the best selling 'idiot's guide'. This book is so much better! It is straight forward and easy to follow but best of all, is not full of 'noise' words or 'ego' inserts, unlike my other purchase. It is well indexed to aid specific referal. I can't recommend highly enough!
on 29 March 2014
I was prepared to have problems migrating from Windows 7 to 8.1 so I bought this book. It was the best thing I could have done because it explained everything clearly with screen pictures and it didn't matter if it repeated itself sometimes because that helped me familiarise myself with the new working environment. Excellent!
on 11 May 2014
Windows 8.1 is mentioned on the front and back cover and on the inside title page in this version 2 of this book - that is where it ends... it just talks of Win 8 and there is little or nothing about the recent 8.1 updates in my copy of this print copy of this ebook. At the present time I'm not planning to use a touch screen, so as the front cover tells you, this should have fit the bill - there's really not much help on the new changes involving the new 8.1 update details at all, so this book no longer really does what it says of the label. Maybe one should now look elsewhere for the current details of the new changes that will make quite a difference to 8.1 once installed - any tips as to what book has these latest updated details would be welcome - maybe version 3 of this book is indeed already now required with these big changes happening so fast, it must be quite hard to keep up. - It really would have been good if Microsoft had got Windows 8 a little more correct in the first place so all these major changes would not have been so necessary so quickly?
on 15 May 2014
Like many new users of Windows 8.1 I was nearly driven to distraction by Microsoft's new interface on my new computer. I was on the point of returning my new computer when I found this useful and inexpensive guide. It helpfully guides the user through the new interface and even more usefully shows how to set up Windows 8.1 to behave like windows 7. My sanity is restored and I am grateful.
on 13 October 2014
Brilliant. Just moved from XP and this saved me hours of heartache trying to find how to do operations in 8.1. Very well laid out with pictures of how to do each operation. I am now hooked on touchscreen Apps. The easiest book I have ever come across in the How to do area, worth every penny of the price
on 17 May 2014
I have moved from Win XP and had heard all the stories about Win 8/8.1. Therefore I purchased this to enable me to get an insight into the changes I would meet. The book was a great help and I would recommend it.
on 8 May 2014
Having used XP for 6-7 years windows 8.1 was a bit of a shock! Worry not though, this book is clear and uncomplicated and an essential conversion guide
on 10 April 2015
I bought the Kindle edition while waiting for my new PC to get oriented with Windows 8.1. It did that OK. It got a bit tedious after a while. It kept telling me lots of ways of doing the same thing. I only need to know one. The author is also keen on key combinations that are difficult to remember, when it is possible to use the mouse to go via menus using the mouse.
on 22 October 2015
A useful and informative guide to all of us who are experiencing Windows 8.1 but without the touch screen facility. I was able to follow the Kindle instructions easily whilst operating my computer. The short cuts were particularly useful.
on 17 April 2014
Easy to read and understand, but with all such manuals does not always answer the question you require. On the other hand it got me through the initial stages of using Windows 8.1