TOP 500 REVIEWERon 17 February 2015
Review

No messing around on this one, straight into a simple question, please read these two books and someone please tell me how on earth these are being self published and are not coming out via a major publishing house?

Its not like the author hasn't proven herself with the simply impeccable Order of the Sanguines series, she and James Rollins have created one of my favorite supernatural series of all time, each author seemingly bringing something better, deeper out of the others writing.

The Tesla series is an excellent, original and addictive series. Book 2 the Tesla Legacy shows some of the skills that i think consciously or unconsciously that she has drawn from writing with James Rollins, im going to be very intrigued to read his next stand alone, i feel he will also have picked up something.

I find that the series is very brave with its lead character, trapped as he is by his agoraphobia, any resolving of a crime or running from authorities, criminal, anyone at all is hindered, restricted to the tunnels. But those tunnels are vast, bigger than you can imagine. They go everywhere and give access to so much. Rebecca Cantrell brings those tunnels to life, makes them living arteries to the world of Joe Tesla. Unlike many authors she also knows the power of the supporting cast, who are drawn in, filled out and made fully fledged members of the plot, so you care what happens to them.

I rocketed through both of these books in a couple of days, and really want to get my hands on book three. Rebecca Cantrell is firmly ensconced as one of my go to Thriller writers now, bring on book 3

Highly recommended

(Parm)
on 17 March 2014
Joe Tesla is agoraphobic and lives a New York life, underground away from people. Luckily he is rich and can afford to live in a posh underground mansion with his dog. He becomes caught up in a plot involving Dr Dubois infecting humans, germ warfare style. We follow Tesla, as he comes across a body and goes on the run to escape a killer.

An enjoyable adventure, that made me feel slightly claustrophobic. Amazing that most of the story takes place underground and Joe manages to survive this strange lifestyle with his faithful dog. After the historical Hannah Vogel series, I wondered if Rebecca Cantrell could work her magic again. She did. I really loved it and hope we see more of Joe Tesla again.
on 11 January 2015
I checked out this book after searching for similar authors to James Rollins. He is by far my favourite author but having read all his work to date I was looking for something similar. I was not disappointed and have put up a calendar entry for the next release date.
on 5 February 2015
Not often that a software engineer gets to be the crime fiction hero, particularly when he's a direct descendant of my hero, Nikola Tesla. Loved the Joe Tesla character, nerdy and anti-social enough to be credible, and living in a to-die-for location. And he has a dog called Edison - love the nerdy joke. Can't wait for book 2!!
on 26 July 2016
A very unusual setting and an equally unusual tale. This is yet another book in which I liked the dog the best, but the other characters and story held together very well. An enjoyable book
on 12 March 2014
1st Novel I'd read by Rebecca Cantrell although read a book shed written with James Rollins which prompted me to read this. Very good read and will definitely read her other books.
on 16 March 2015
This is a first introduction book to the world of Joe a Tesla. I can't wait for more adventures as this was a real page turner. A cracking book from a cracking author. Love it!
on 24 October 2014
I enjoyed the book, I read it not in one session but quite quickly. However, I somehow doubt that any member of the Tesla family would call their dog Edison!
on 17 September 2015
I was recommended this book by another author and by golly am I glad he did! Loved it so much, I will be getting the next one straight away
on 23 October 2016
What an incredible story line!! Take an agoraphobic millionaire, Joe, his care dog, Edison, put them underground in New York add in a Victorian house with villains and police and there you have it. Well thought out and very plausible story which had me hooked from the start. This should be out there in the real world with the authors of Jack Reacher or Harry Bosch. I cannot praise this book enough and am now going to get the follow on books. Thank you Rebecca.