Format: Paperback|Change

TOP 500 REVIEWERon 17 February 2015
Review

No messing around on this one, straight into a simple question, please read these two books and someone please tell me how on earth these are being self published and are not coming out via a major publishing house?

Its not like the author hasn't proven herself with the simply impeccable Order of the Sanguines series, she and James Rollins have created one of my favorite supernatural series of all time, each author seemingly bringing something better, deeper out of the others writing.

The Tesla series is an excellent, original and addictive series. Book 2 the Tesla Legacy shows some of the skills that i think consciously or unconsciously that she has drawn from writing with James Rollins, im going to be very intrigued to read his next stand alone, i feel he will also have picked up something.

I find that the series is very brave with its lead character, trapped as he is by his agoraphobia, any resolving of a crime or running from authorities, criminal, anyone at all is hindered, restricted to the tunnels. But those tunnels are vast, bigger than you can imagine. They go everywhere and give access to so much. Rebecca Cantrell brings those tunnels to life, makes them living arteries to the world of Joe Tesla. Unlike many authors she also knows the power of the supporting cast, who are drawn in, filled out and made fully fledged members of the plot, so you care what happens to them.

I rocketed through both of these books in a couple of days, and really want to get my hands on book three. Rebecca Cantrell is firmly ensconced as one of my go to Thriller writers now, bring on book 3

Highly recommended

(Parm)
on 2 April 2014
Deep underground there is a house amongst the train tunnels which is occupied by an agoraphobic computer geek. Tesla, accompanied by his dog, become a force to be reckoned with. I look forward to the next book in the series.
on 11 January 2015
I checked out this book after searching for similar authors to James Rollins. He is by far my favourite author but having read all his work to date I was looking for something similar. I was not disappointed and have put up a calendar entry for the next release date.
Joe Tesla is agoraphobic and lives a New York life, underground away from people. Luckily he is rich and can afford to live in a posh underground mansion with his dog. He becomes caught up in a plot involving Dr Dubois infecting humans, germ warfare style. We follow Tesla, as he comes across a body and goes on the run to escape a killer.

An enjoyable adventure, that made me feel slightly claustrophobic. Amazing that most of the story takes place underground and Joe manages to survive this strange lifestyle with his faithful dog. After the historical Hannah Vogel series, I wondered if Rebecca Cantrell could work her magic again. She did. I really loved it and hope we see more of Joe Tesla again.
on 5 February 2015
Not often that a software engineer gets to be the crime fiction hero, particularly when he's a direct descendant of my hero, Nikola Tesla. Loved the Joe Tesla character, nerdy and anti-social enough to be credible, and living in a to-die-for location. And he has a dog called Edison - love the nerdy joke. Can't wait for book 2!!
on 3 March 2014
I really enjoyed this book it's the first I've read by Rebecca Cantrell but won't be the last. Is there really an old Victorian house underneath grand central station I'm gonna find out can't wait for more.
on 29 January 2014
A cracking read from start to finish. It draws you in from the very first chapter with a compelling central character in the shape of Joe Tesla - not forgetting his canine companion, Edison. Really well written by a master storyteller who also writes the Blood Gospel series with James Rollins.
An absolute steal. Looking forward to the next installment.
on 9 September 2014
Gripping from start to finish. The only reason I didn't give this five star is because the ending was rather abrupt. Otherwise, this is a highly entertaining book that does not bore you with irrelevant information and is full of fascinating characters (Joe Tesla being the prime one) that you wouldn't mind hanging out with. Above ground, preferably.
on 27 August 2015
I thought this book was unique in many ways first the setting and the flawed hero himself,the whole story draws the reader in and that is always a mark for a great book.

Rebecca Creates a very realistic story line, its like well yes I could see that happening ,I finished this book in a 48 hour time span and thought well OK where's book 2 which is already downloaded on to my kindle.
I loved this book and I am looking forward to some more adventures with Joe and Edison :)
on 31 January 2015
Totally different story line to Rebecca's other books which are excellent reads. I really enjoyed this book it was so different set in a world of tunnels. It is exciting from begining to end. I love the relationship between Joe Tesla and his dog Edison. It made you think how hard it must be to have acrophobia like Joe but he seems to cope and find adventure. I would highly recommend this book.