on 11 June 2014
Quick read that got me motivated to tidy up and clear my wardrobe. Would recommend it to anyone who needs a bit of a push in the right direction!
on 26 May 2017
This is a waste of money - repetitive and derivative.
on 21 May 2017
helped
on 3 December 2013
I am a recovering Cluttered Closet. Not long ago I was in despair, filled with unwanted and outdated clothes, my shelves sagged with "stuff" bought but never worn. Shoes shared space with jackets, undies with items far removed from the word lingerie. I was desperate, even Closets Anonymous had given up on me. Then I found this book... The Tidy Closet. and suddenly there was hope. My owner ( a chronic clutterer) was galvanised into action. I was denuded, washed, polished with scented paper on my shelves.

As each item was evaluated I held my breath.. Would it come back to haunt me or would it go into one of the three bags marked Charity Shop, Dump, and Mend. As my owner followed the clear instructions step by step I began to be reborn. What had been a disaster became a fun exercise. Throwing things out that had once been hoarded was so freeing. Now I am slim and organised, my shelves neatly arranged and shoes where they belong...on their own shelf.

OK, so that's the closet's viewpoint. I am/was the chronic clutterer in question. I didnt hang, I stuffed. The Tidy Closet inspired me with its clear instructions, great ideas, and suggestions. Ms Le Coeur has managed to make it a cross between physical exercise, a dance routine, a psychology lecture and FUN. For the first time in years I know where things are. I needed this book years ago, but I/m so glad I have it now. It's worth twice its cost. It will be hard to keep this new tidiness going... but I can go back to the book and be re-enthused. Highly reccommended
Daisy Fontana
11 Comment| 36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 May 2015
I'm pretty good at sorting out my wardrobe and keeping on top of my style, I thought. Then I read this book and made significant changes. I got rid of old faithfuls, some gifts that I hadn't previously been able to let go, safe items that I'd hung onto for no good reason, poor purchases. I realised that leggings had no place in my life! I unclogged my wardrobe and can see my style much more clearly, and haven't felt any need to go rushing out to fill gaps that don't exist. A great book, full of straight forward advice and tips for even the strictest de-clutterer to learn from.
on 6 February 2014
Great advice and easy to use. Admittedly I skipped some parts however the overall advice is sensible and having cleared out my wardrobe I can be honest and say it worked for me
on 26 November 2016
First copy the print was illegible but received replacement
on 30 December 2014
I found this a little patronising in tone and it made me think that actually, my wardrobe is fine!
Also, the comment about not wearing black and navy together was outdated - when worn well and confidently it can look fabulous. I have just bought a beautiful wool coat in black and navy and it looks great and is a true classic piece.
The pop psychology was also quite annoying and didn't help the feeling that I was being patronised by a Frenchwoman who believes she has all the answers.
on 18 May 2014
It's good to read and interesting though fairly traditional. The French aspect could come through more to make it more effective, but there are some good ideas.
on 14 July 2014
Some useful tidy tips. Now going to undertake a major wardrobe overhaul!