Format: Paperback|Change

on 27 January 2014
I was lucky to have an advanced copy to read! Five clever authors approach historic and current serial killers with a contemporary style. In turn, true-crime enthusiast and experts alike benefit from this anthology. 5 stars!!!
on 25 January 2014
Serial Killers True Crime Anthology 2014 (Annual Anthology) (Volume 1) (Paperback)
A FIVE STAR REVIEW

The compilation of the authors in this book is indeed a wonder in itself!. Hats off,(no pun intended) to R.J. Parker who has accomplished yet another look at Serial Killers from different views of the minds of insanity and monstrosity! So intriguing I could not put it down. I was lured into the world of the most despicable of crimes. Not, for the sensitive minded person. It left me with a sick craving for more information into the evil minds of the killer!
on 16 March 2014
I enjoyed this anthology so much I actually went back and reread it. The introduction by Peter Vronsky is as good as you'd expect if you've read his other books on serial killers. It discusses the biological and environmental factors which contribute to the formation of a serial killer - how the intertwining of sex and violence takes place deep within the brain and is essentially irreversible.

The profiles were fascinating and some of them were murderers I've not heard of before. The full story of Mary Bell's horrific upbringing and her egregious mother gave me a new understanding of her impulse to act out homicidally.

I realise some may be upset by the images but I read the kindle edition and you have to actually go the the website to see them so they're optional. I wasn't upset by the images at all. Don't get me wrong; they're awful and I don't enjoy them but after all, I did elect to read about these horrific crimes, and seeing the real terror these murderers leave behind is an aspect of their crimes. I definitely recommend this and hope they continue the series. I also look forward to Vronsky's new book.
on 14 January 2014
There are some really amazing authors in this anthology, some I have read before and others this is the first time. I will be a fan of all from now on. Each and every one gave such well researched and understandable information that made this book just packed with facts that I didn't previously know. The best part for me was while the technical information was in there it was written in a very easy to understand way so I didn't have to stop reading a numerous amount of times to understand the language.

If you are a fan of true crime or just wish to know how the mind of a serial killer works this is a great anthology to give you some of that insight.
on 29 March 2016
I read the 2016 book from this series and thought it was pretty good so I thought I'd read the others.

This is not as good. It's interesting but unfortunately, the trouble with anthologies is often the writers are not of the same standard. This might have been better with a harder edit.

Some of it is a bit ranty / long winded. Some of the 'scientific' explanations and general evolution of serial killers are questionable and overly simplistic.

The proofreading is not great, poured / pored. Bare / bear. There / their type errors which personally drive me crazy.
on 30 December 2014
Enjoyed greatly the difference in author's and the attention to detail. A few more diverse crimes would have made it a lot better. A good read for the price of the book though and very interesting especially with the coverage of a few recent crimes I had not heard of
on 16 December 2013
This book is a very well written, factual, text which read very well from beginning to end. Each chapter gripped me as the sheer amount of knowledge displayed made it a very enjoyable and interesting read.
Each killer has their background thoroughly described and the full story of their atrocious crimes outlined in detail which made me eager to read on. The background information on each individual mentioned within the book helped me to understand the factors which may help to create a serial killer.
This unique book, which included visual aids to assist the reader's understanding of the serial killer mentioned, described obscure serial killers which set it apart from books from the same genre.
Overall I would definitely recommend this text as it was a unique and fascinating book read.
I received an advance reading copy(ARC)of this book.
on 16 December 2013
First I was chosen by the group to be an ARC READER,thank you one and all for the privilege! This collection of Authors offers the biggest and best Crime Author' s I've had the pleasure to read at one time! I truly am blessed to be able to see that the Serial Killers are all different in how they lure, kill, and find their own pleasure and relief in the way they chose to kill. The luring in the victims is so subtle and yet conniving in the way they set them up its easily to see how we have so many victims.
I am amazed at the way the Author's captured the passion of the perpetrators ! I just wish this collection came out along time ago. So many people would not of fallen prey to these monster's, yet we are now wiser for it.
The book has set me up to the point I couldn't and wouldn't put it down till I had finished it. It is chilling to the bone, so when you get it, you may want to find some time where you can read it all at once. I highly suggest it for the person who
thinks they've seen and read it all, a real eye opener!
on 12 December 2013
I was one of the lucky people that the author provided with an ARC advance reading copy.

So first I would like to thank RJ Parker for the opportunity to read such a great book!

I found this book very unique, interesting and informative!

Through the years I've always wondered why and how some one becomes a serial killer.

This book answered a lot of the questions I had. Other books I've read searching for the answers didn't make sense... This one did! So if your looking for answers to questions... This book is for you!

He also told of serial killers that most people haven't heard of... Very unique serial killers of our time!

A great read... I recommend this book for any one who has a fascination for serial killers or are looking for answers!
on 16 March 2014
Peter Vronsky has another book out that is the best Serial Killer true crime book that I have ever read (and I have read many). This is written by several authors with his contribution and is still a very good read.