Customer reviews

6 Short Stories: Learn Tarot in a Day
Format: Paperback|Change

on 8 July 2012
My friend recently took up tarot reading as a hobby, so I thought I'll gift her tarot reading book to help her on her way. I've found many such books but they seemed far too complicated. This book however, is written in plain english and easy to follow, was perfect. It covers all the key aspects of tarot reading, explains the symbols, approach on how to learn tarot reading and general rules. The concept of learning tarots through stories, as presented in this book, is great idea and makes the understanding easier. Overall, the book is short but sweet. Highly recommended for budding tarot readers.
on 19 July 2012
I bought a set of Tarot cards many years ago and tried to learn all the meanings but gave up and haven't touched them for years. I have just dug them out again as I think this book is going to really help.

The stories are a brilliant way of remembering all the different meanings, it really helps to put the cards into context. The book is very easy to read and written well, so you can fly through it.

A very creative way of using a memory aid technique to help remember tarot cards.
on 19 January 2014
I have read and re-read this short book (and will undoubtedly read several more times) it is the first learning tool that has, as of yet, stuck in my mind!!!!!

I have been trying to learn to read my Tarot cards for years on and off with quite limited success as I tend to 'zone out' with traditional books, only really ingesting very limited information.

Well done Ian, if you every have the inclination to bring out another book on the subject, I for one would be very interested!!
on 6 July 2013
Great guide for learning to read and mesmorize Tarots. This book is really good because it's very easy to understand and it makes it easy to associate memory with the cards even from different decks. There are a lot of basics and some advanced issues covered in this book, such as symbolism and what it means in the tarot. The most important thing is that it's easy to digest and take it all in, it gets straight to the point in an informative and easy to read way and I think that's what makes this book so great. If you're looking for a practical and informative guide to learn Tarot, then you have to check this out
on 30 June 2014
A bright and charming little book, crisp and fun. For a tarot card collector this book is a must have, it enables workings with any deck with or without the associated books. Do not be put off because of the number of pages, it is all there but without the fluff. This makes it a clear and uncluttered way of learning, the stories are fun and memorable. A well deserved five stars.
on 7 November 2017
Good book, quick read. Motivated me to write my own meanings for each card & suit. Memorisation method works a treat.
on 22 June 2016
Short book full stop, and didn't really learn much.
on 13 July 2014
It's impossible to learn Tarot in a day. It's impossible to learn the meaning of all 72 cards. In a day. I only wish it was true. The author is also heavily promoting other books about the Tarot which there would be no need to do if his own book can do the job. There is even a book there which say's you can learn it in an hour which is poppycock.
If you are interested in the Tarot, go ahead and learn it but do not place too much faith in these books
on 5 September 2012
I received a set of tarot cards as a gag Christmas gift, but I didn't see them as a joke; I was actually determined to learn how to read tarot cards and amaze everyone! Then I forgot about them. I found the cards the other day and decided that now was the time to learn, so I bought this Kindle book. I learned quite a lot very quickly, especially about the art of tarot reading for myself. It's not about seeing the future, but about looking into your subconscious and reading what's already there; it's about intuition and symbolic meaning. It's quite simple really, and a fascinating subject. At the moment I'm on the part of the book dealing with the major and minor arcana cards. Brilliant!
on 10 July 2012
This book was just what I needed to learn Tarot fast and easily! It's well written without mystical jargon and the short stories are a huge help to memorize the cards and their meanings. I'm now confident and looking forward to putting this all into practice at our local summer fair where il be telling fortunes using the techniques in this great little book!. Id recommend to anyone interested in learning tarot in a non complicated way.