Customer reviews

"How To Write Your First Business Plan" (First Timer's Guide)
Format: Paperback|Change

on 13 June 2017
Truly helpful and well writen for first timers.
on 21 July 2013
I am currently in the process of setting up my own business (or trying to) and have absolutely no idea where to start with my business plan. After combing the internet for a hundred different ways to write one, I thought I'd better consult a book with a thorough guide to walk me through, which is when I found 'How to write your first Business Plan' by Boomy Tokan.

This book has provided me with a thorough and detailed walk-through guide on what my plan should include, and when I approached the writer for the additional content the book advises me to ask for, I received valuable advice and feedback on specific problems. I'm not telling everyone to floor Boomy with questions, but it was a little extra advice which made such a huge difference to me.

Would definitely recommend this book for any first time writers fo their own business plan, or even for someone who needs to make sure they have included everything.
on 10 June 2014
Contents: If you value statements like "It important if you want to create a good business to have a good business plan", you may like this book. It wouldn’t be that bad, but the book just does not go deeper than this.

"In order to have a good business plan, you have to pay attention to all the details" - great.
But - this is the book that was supposed to deliver exactly on those "details", wasn’t it? Or at least some of them. Or at least - list them.

Every page is like this. The book leaves the impression that someone was testing a generator of empty phrases with some reference to writing a business plan.

Print quality: Home printer + office binder. In some pages the cutter went through the text, on others - the font is of different size and so on.
on 27 November 2012
I enjoyed reading the book, especially coming from a business academic background so a lot of it made sense to me. What I appreciate about the book is that even if I didn't have a business background I would have still understood what was written.

For me I was looking for what you had to say about the finance side of things, this wasn't my strongest part when I had to do a business plan for my college assignment, but the way it was explained helped and I also like how the author has made the book interactive especially by offering to send out a template for the finance section. For someone writing their first business plan, such interaction is of help and reassuring. For anyone writing their first business plan this is the easiest and most straight forward text I've read regarding it. I like also how the author has added the powerpoint option, which is good for times when one has to present their business to an investor.

Very good piece of literature and I pray that will help many!
on 18 November 2012
WOW. What can I say? Having written several business plans in the past, I can say that this book is an essential tool for all those looking to venture into business but are dismayed by the thought of having to produce a professional plan. I know from a personal perspective that a lot of solid business proposals never get to see the light of day because people are put off from looking at the business element due to either having to pay for someone to write a solid plan, or just the daunting aspect of wondering if you are even writing your plan correctly.

This step by step guide is both informative and effectively educational to ease the burden on your road to success. Once you have mastered this easy straightforward technique there will be no looking back.

Hat of to the author - this is a welcoming find, and one which I will choose to use moving forward with other projects.
on 10 December 2012
I've been a business adviser for over 20 years and I've helped 100's of businesses plan for grow by using a variety of tools and techniques. I have to say that this is one of the best pieces of work on the subject I've seen for a long time. Not only is it a tremendous resource for pre-starts and new businesses it's also a superb reference document for more established companies and for advisers, consultants, mentors etc.

The book is written in a very straight forward, easy to understand style, and it really does cover everything you need to know initially about business planning marketing and finance. I particularly like the examples give on such topics as investigating your competitors, where to get further information, areas of research and the financial templates.

I'll definitely be using it in future.
on 27 October 2012
As I was reading, it really opened my eyes to how straight forward a business plan is and showed me the importance of doing thorough research.

I'm going to use it to clean up the plan I wrote. The organisation of the plan outlined in this book will help me understand my own plan better. It really covers all the bases, and I don't have to search elsewhere for an explanation of a topic mentioned, in fact it gives key information about areas that a lot of business websites haven't covered.

Last but not least, it took under an hour to read fully which is excellent.
on 23 January 2013
It seems a bit trite to say this is a "no nonsense" guide, but that's exactly what this book is. It's written in an easy to read template format that walks the reader step-by-step through the process of creating a first rate business plan. My professional background includes nearly a decade as a small business coach, and one of the many things that impressed me about How to Write Your First Business Plan is how thorough and highly adaptable it is to any size or type of business.
on 25 October 2012
"First Timers Guide" is a very good guide for anyone wanting to write a business plan. The book is very easy to understand, written in plain simple English and straight forward. - no jargons!
Following the steps set out in the guidebook provide the first few steps in the journey of making a business dream become a reality. The beauty of the guide is the PowerPoint Business guide which is like an over view of your business plan and which is very easy to do. - Tee Fabikun
on 20 October 2014
Very amateurish, poorly printed and only fit for the bin so I can go and buy a grown up version! Don't waste your money.