Format: Paperback|Change

on 4 June 2014
A truly 100% mesmerising read!

Just how can a person find themselves absolutely riveted to reading on with Tess and Q's story? Well when the pensmanship is as good as Pepper's then it's easy to sink into this very visual and extremely potent story and be quite honestly mesmerised by what unfolds.

So you would think that Tess falling into captivity again would be kinda boring and a bit 'been there done that'. Well think again. What Pepper comes up with this time, is well, WOW, honestly how Pepper writes it this time is very powerful. And if you liked Tears For Tess then I pretty much guarantee that QQ will blow your socks off!

I am really looking forward to Twisted Together and watch and read on at how they can both settle into their demons and the monster and watch as they truly learn what their love is true and meant to be.

Pepper has an extraordinary talent at dark romance and whilst some content leaves you screaming at either the horrendous situation with Tess or the downright shock of a man with the needs that Q has, I don't think that anyone that truly enjoys dark romance can deny this is high end writing.
on 19 December 2013
First if you've read Tears of Tess and found it too dark, then this book is not for you. If you loved Tears then what are you waiting for? Get this book NOW!!! This took me 4 days to read, mainly due to the fact i couldn't relax because of the anxiety, i couldn't see because of the tears and i couldn't breathe without blowing great big snot bubbles. This book was freaking awesome. I'm not going to go into details, because i honestly don't know where to start without spoiling it but honestly there just aren't enough words to describe how absolutely fantastic this book is. It's very dark.....drugs,murder,rape and worse....and i will honestly say i struggled at times to keep going, but i'm so glad i did. QQ is a lot more intense then Tears and so unbelievably well written, it felt like i was in the room with Tess soo many times. This book ripped my heart and mind out my body and just stomped them to bits. I'm left feeling so emotionally drained from reading this but at the same time so completely satisfied at the same time. Pepper Winters thank you for another unbelievable book and i can only imagine how you felt writing this book, so for that i thank you too. For those who still haven't bought this book, BUY IT NOW!!
on 22 December 2013
If you have been waiting for the second instalment of this series you wont be disappointed!! OMG this book is amazing. I didn't think it could better than the first book, but I was wrong. Q is just so relentless in his search for Tess and he refuses to give up. We have not been left with the awful cliffhanger either. The storyline is so strong that you just have to know where their journey will take them next.
on 29 December 2013
What a brilliant story,I thought this could not be as good as the first book.......but how wrong was I just brilliant completely pulled me in loved the story...........could not put it down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So so pleased there is a third book I will definitely be waiting for its release..........pepper winter you have done it again another breath taken story..............would I recommend YES YES I most definitely would.
on 4 June 2016
I won't lie, this book was hard to read at times. The vile things Tess is subjected to, just when you think the two of them have finally found happiness... Jeez. Yet, I couldn't put it down either, and the ending made me grin 🙂 looking forward to reading the final instalment in Tess and Q's journey.
This is the second book in the Monsters in the Dark series and after Tears of Tess I was hoping for the same roller coaster of a ride and that's exactly what I got.

For me, this book was even darker and more disturbing than Tears of Tess but it is complimented by the way Q tries to return Tess from the horrors of her mind following her latest trauma.

Still trying to find happiness in the shadow of each other's demons, Tess and Q settle into their new life together for once with light peeping through the darkness. It's not long though before their happiness is thwarted once again and Tess is thrust back into the nightmare she had not long ago escaped from.

Tess faces even worse horrors in captivity the second time but as her captors try to break her once and for all her only hope is Q but even she has doubts that he will come to rescue her this time.

This is not an easy or comfortable read but one which I suspect is very close to real life for a very unfortunate few.

***Strip me bare, pull my hair, I don't care, just take me there. I need that high, I need that pain, it's the only thing that keeps me sane.***

Reviewed on behalf of Jezabell Girl & Friends....
on 10 September 2014
The way that Tess came to Q' s attention is sordid, painful and horrible yet young children and women are kidnapped daily and sold on to individuals or whore houses. Most will never be seen again.

Pepper Winters must have crawled through a personal hell whilst researching for this book. I know that I was dragged through some form of purgatory reading it finally deciding I will lock my beautiful daughter in an ivory tower if she ever decides to holiday in the more obvious hot spots. BTW Brax is an a**e who does not deserve a good life.

That said this book was riveting and extraordinarily well written. I have bought the third book but I can't start reading it immediately. Q has pulled me inside out and I need to recover.

This is not a book for the faint of heart. It could easily be tagged as a dark thriller but for those of us with a stronger constitution it is a must read.
on 22 January 2014
After reading the first book I couldn't wait to read Q Q and I wasn't disappointed. Q Q is a lot darker than tears of tess and at times a quite disturbing read. It started out as a nice read with Tess and Q both trying to find their way in their new relationship and then you are descended into hell. Reading what Tess was put through was heart breaking and at times I had to put my kindle down and walk away. Couldn't help but think what would I do in Tess's position would I fight or lay down and die. Tess was such a fighter in the first book and to watch how she was torn apart piece by piece was gut wrenching. We also get to see a lot more of Q in this book and really see what a dark soul he can be. He really proves that there is nothing that he wouldn't do for Tess. I also loved the other side of Q Pepper showed us. We saw him falling apart, feeling weak and helpless as he saw his esclave drift further and further away from him every second of every day. This story is beautifully written even though it deals with rape,torture,murder,mental abuse and shows how much evil and depravity exists in this world. All in all this is an amazing book and after all the darkness come light. I can't wait to read the next one.
on 13 March 2014
I could see all the reasons for this book, but somehow it didn't reach me. Glowing reviews from most readers so obviously a lot of people were highly moved by the tragedy of the events as they unfolded. Not convinced about going for the third one.
on 23 December 2013
O.M.G.What a amazing book this is.I cant believe the emotions I felt reading this book.Its a must read,once started you are hooked.A big 5 stars I would give more if I could.A roller coaster read.Well done pepper winters,cant wait for the next one.And your other books to come.