Customer reviews

Wordpress SEO: On-Page SEO for your Wordpress Site
Format: Paperback|Change

on 16 August 2013
If you are using, or intend to use, Worpress as your website development platform, you NEED to read this book if you want to maximise your organic traffic.

I've been following Dr Andy's work for the last decade or so and have always structured my websites along the principles he describes and I'm happy to report that they've sold a tad over £9M since 2003 (That's not the same as profit Mr HMRC) based at least partly on organic traffic.

But times are changing.

The introduction of Google's Panda and Penguin updates have reeked havoc on many sites - including some of mine - hence it's time to do things differently.

Dr Andy's book describes, step-by-step exactly how.

You see, whilst Wordpress is a great platform, it has features built into it which unless tamed are potentially *disastrous* for SEO in the post Panda/Penguin era.

None of the configuration options described in this book are difficult, it's just that unless you know about them your site is going to have 'duplicate content' written all over it - food for Google's menagerie of slappers. Something you'll want to avoid.

You'll also want to protect yourself by claiming your content through Google authorship - it's all covered here.

There is also a great section on choosing the right hosting account. Performance is an increasing important part of ranking well and so you'll want to make sure that where your site lives is appropriate to the demands of Wordpress. Any old cheapo shared hosting account won't cut it if you are serious about your business. Recommendations are given.

Dr Andy has been kind enough to release drafts of this work to me whilst he's been working on it over the last few months and so I have read it from cover to cover many times.

Having said that, I want to be clear, I have NO financial interest in the success or otherwise of this book, I'm recommending it because I believe it's a MUST Read and I want you to be successful.

Dr Andy is clearly a very clever man. But, with respect to him, he must struggle with figures as the book's on sale too cheap. If it were £200 it would still be a steal, so go grab it quick before he realises the decimal point's in the wrong place :)

With thanks to Dr Andy for adding more great value to the SEO world. You're a star.
on 23 August 2013
I am a huge fan of Dr Andy's writing and have virtually all his books. The two reasons for this are a) he puts in the research time and has excellent analytical skills and b) he can put technical points across in a way that even a non-technical person such as me can understand.

This book is no exception to the rule. If you run a Wordpress blog and you want to get visitors, this book is a no-brainer.
on 27 March 2015
This book was very useful for updating my business websites to ensure search engine optimisation. Books I'd used previously for this purpose are now out-of-date due to the new Google algorithms. This book has plenty of screen shots showing very clearly what to do. It is not excessively technical like many internet books. This is important because every business person needs a website but most of us have neither time nor inclination to become IT experts, that time would be better spent on perfecting our own trade or profession. Only down side of this book is that despite being published 2013 some of it's already out of date, namely the bits about Google Authorship, which has been discontinued.
on 3 January 2016
I am currently building 2 websites for charities and I am reading a lot of website and SEO books.

What I learned most from this book is about website speed, how to identify fast WordPress themes how to test speed and how to use the information to create a fast website which I have done for 1 website.

I read about his advice in the book think about it and make my own decisions, this book is an important part of my website learning process.
on 19 August 2013
I purchased this kindle book on the recommendation of someone whose opinion I trust. The content was very easy to follow and the screen shots helped illustrate what was being discussed. I am not an IT expert but have been using WordPress for about 4 years. I think having even a basic understanding of WordPress and plugins will help you get the most from this book.
on 26 February 2014
I've been running Wordpress websites for years and never taken my site speed seriously. Thanks for Dr Williams advice my site speed profile has rocketed. I've learnt a great deal about how to make the most from Cache and SEO plugins.
on 12 March 2015
This is a fantastic step by step guide, very easy to follow even for people who know nothing about SEO!! Thanks for putting together such a great guide I will be reading some more of your books in the near future!
on 17 July 2015
Just what a near Luddite like me needs to hold my hand through refining my WordPress website. I definitely recommend this book for you non-techies out there.
on 31 March 2016
Very clear and well written. Well organised, and can be used as a workbook, following the instructions page by page.
VINE VOICEon 10 October 2013
There is some very good information in this book which is well presented - and it's a decent length too.

The author explains the theory behind and the need for good Search Engine Optimization in Wordpress as well as helps us understand how this is a fluid and constantly changing field when search engines can change their algorithms overnight. He clearly points out that Wordpress as default configured can actually HURT your SEO ranking, and how to fix this. He goes through the best practice for every stage of your Wordpress usage - posts, pages, tags, moderation of comments and much more.

You will also find a good selection of must-have plugins for Wordpress (not all of which are SEO specific) - many of which I already use though I did find a couple new gems also.

Dr Andy also goes into depth on the Google Analytics and Authorship programs, and why you should be using these and other website statistic systems.

The importance of a good Wordpress theme is noted, and although some of his tips and information are based around a specific theme framework he does show you alternatives to get the same effect using standard themes. Reading this convinced me to change my theme ;)

All in all, a straightforward useful resource that I will be dipping in to regularly - even better for me since I caught it when it was free. However, I would have gladly paid the asking price.