Customer reviews

on 16 October 2014
This book is so beautiful, K Gibran was very much appreciated by me; now I just love him. As a foreign who speaks English as second language I always found some difficulty truly enjoying poertry in English as I do in my native language. He made the miracle and my heart sung reading this book! I couldn't recommend it enough. It is also enriching otherwise... Khalil conveys incredible wisdown in his books...
on 8 January 2016
I bought this for a friend because it is such a fantastic book. When it arrived it was of a poor quality, easy to damage, and the cover was very thin - I was disappointed. However, because it was close to Christmas I gave it as a gift anyway, and my friend loved the stories inside. I would highly recommend Kahlil Gibran's work, but not, unfortunately, this publication of it.
on 9 March 2017
Wow I was speechless, moved and in tears. Gibran is truly a legend! The level of emotions that his writing stirs, I felt as though I was standing right there with the various different characters in their personal encounters with Jesus. This is a book that you could read time and time again and still feel the same way as when reading it for the first time.
on 30 March 2013
This is a book one has to read slowly a small section at a time. Kahlil Gibran in his subtle and exciting way puts a twist on every story. We are told the story of Ciaphas the High Priest and his justification for executing Jesus. The stories bring to life the Biblical characters associated with Jesus, and show their relationship to Him and the events of that time. I found this very useful in helping my understanding of the historical background of the Bible.
on 23 March 2017
Lovely book. Am reading it for the second time
on 14 July 2017
Strangely moving! It really helped me to open my eyes to understand Him as may have moved through people's lives.
on 19 June 2016
Incredibily beautifully written.
I was reading this on the tram to work on a morning, and so often having to hide my tears...
the author has the most wonderful way with words.
on 7 October 2013
A beautifully written perspective of Jesus from various angles. An open mind is needed to review the possibilities of these opinions even though it is a fiction I found it beautiful!
on 20 January 2010
Gibran's Jesus the Son of Man is an aid to prayer and reflection. I'm still reflecting on the Mary Magdalen section. Then maybe I'll move onto others of the many characters around Jesus. I can't recommend this book highly enough for anyone of any faith or none.
on 27 December 2014
This is a series of views of a real Jesus, viewed from a different perspective every time. Mind-bending.