on 16 October 2013
I chose this rating because it is definitely a step by step guide which is what I needed. I like it because it s in simple terms and as I am not very literate on the subject of tablets and computers it is easy to get around the tablet using all the information. It is certainly a book I would recommend to others for its ease of simplicity.
on 18 November 2013
It is very clearly laid out and explains the use of the Nexus 7 (2013) very well. I purchased it for use with my Kindle and the cost was extremely reasonable. Most people could learn to use the tablet without reference to any manual at all, but the ability to pick and choose sections as required and be instantly taken to them makes this guide very useful.
on 19 February 2014
Have to say that I am a little disappointed with this book the cover is very colourful yet once inside it is all in grey-scale and not particularly clear, in fact it sort of looks like an old fashioned photocopy!

The guide would be much easier and pleasurable to read if it had some colour within it's pages.

Considering that the book is around 280 pages it is not very comprehensive and misses out a lot of things that the Nexus does such as Music! In some cases a whole page is taken up with a single screen-shot small picture with zero text and not a very good quality image either, this is probably the reason it has a lot of pages yet little information.

With hindsight I would not buy this book again, IMHO The Ultimate Guide to Android Tablets Mag books (2013 Edition) is a much better guide, only 114 pages but in full colour and covers a lot more of what the tablets can do.

on 22 October 2013
Generally guide books contain a mass of unuseful information and duplicate what much that comes with the device.Not so, with this book, which leaves nothing out and is worth every penny. Highly recommended.
on 10 November 2013
Came quickly. As a complete novice to android, nor having any smart phone to experience I found this very useful and the level of detail (eg screenshots) reassuring. Got me off to a good start & i'm now confident enough to work things out on my own/trial & error.
on 29 September 2013
I think this is a great guide for the Nexus 7 it gave me a lot of help and advice
on how to use the Tablet from setting it up from the start.I was pleased with
this help me guide.
Artie
on 10 March 2014
This guide is poor quality, with minimal information. A lot of pages but with often one poor quality photo per page. there are other books that do a much better job of leading you through the new, for me , world of the tablet. Having just bought a Nexus7 I was looking for a good guide, this is not it.
on 1 May 2014
I found this book quite basic. The difficulty I had was the camera section which was quite comprehensive in the subject covered but bore absolutely no relation to the buttons and settings I could find in settings scenes etc. They just were not available to me. The book talks about a blue button you tap to give access to other settings. This just did not happen for me. All I seemed to have on camera setting was a choice of forward face or rear face camera and a grid button. No matter how I tried I could not access any sub menus as described in the book. Hence my 2 star rating.
on 18 July 2014
Wouldn't recommend this book. So far I have not found it at all useful. By the time it arrived I had already worked out how to sign in to the Nexus 7, which is I think the most useful instruction in the book. I have found it frustratingly limited in its contents which seem to be chiefly aimed at promoting Google.
on 22 November 2013
This book has proved to be very helpful in getting me up to speed on my new Nexus 7. Good