Customer reviews

No Hiding in The Open: A Journey in Professional Golf
Format: Paperback|Change

on 17 July 2017
A very enjoyable read. It gives you a good idea of what the pros go though to get a taste of success. The author was from a upper class background but you can still feel his emotion as a golfer. The ending is so unexpected, so make sure you do get to the end - his story is a lesson to us all.
on 16 April 2017
This is a great story. It has a light hearted and engaging quality to the writing that I really enjoyed.
on 18 July 2017
excellent read
on 11 June 2017
Best book on golf I have read hands down, highly recommend
on 26 November 2013
Having read John's previous book, the sting in the tail of this one never caught me - But it will others. A good book that details the frailties of everyone's golf games. As quick as you think you've got 'it' it's gone and when you think you'll never get one in the air again, 'it' comes back. Well worth a read.
on 11 October 2016
The fact I love sport and enjoy golf although I don't play this book was an attraction to me I'll be honest and admit I'd never previously heard of the author but this book was brilliantly written the honesty the sadness the humour at times gave a great insight to professional golf not all glamorous I am genuinely glad I read this it is brilliant and deserves the 5 star rating if you like golf you'll understand his experience thank you john hoskison i so much enjoyed reading this book
on 1 June 2013
Having greatly enjoyed John's previous book, "Inside (one man's experience of prison)", I was intruiged to see how he would approach the entirely different subject of his life as a professional golfer. This book does not disappoint, John's golf career takes place on the stage of the top professional golf tours, but it is a world away from the pampered existence of the likes of Tiger Woods etc. John tells his story in a way that makes you feel you are walking the fairways, and sitting in the locker room alongside him, as he journies throught the highs and lows of his career. Even if you are not a huge golf fan, there is plenty to enjoy in this book - it is a tale of working hard, and trying many different methods along the way, in order to achieve your goal in life. John has a brilliant way of throwing in humourous "one liners", which really do make you laugh out loud, although he soon brings you down to earth, with the realities of the pressure involved in performing within a very public arena - particularly when things are going badly. I highly recommend this book, and just hope that John has kept back some tales of his life on tour, so that we can look forward to a follow up to this excellent read.
on 17 July 2017
Recommended to all golfers. Really interesting to hear how the pro's deal with issues we all have. Written so honestly.
on 10 June 2013
A great insight into life as a pro golfer. Showing that even at they're level of skill they can still be affected by all the same troubles us amateurs have. John's other books including " a golf swing you can trust" is in my opinion a very good book which breaks down the golf swing in easy to understand stages which helped me a lot and is definitely worth a read if your struggling with your golf.
on 3 January 2014
As a struggling professional golfer myself I found I could relate to so many of the experiences Hoskison talks about in this book. The final chapter hits you like a bombshell. His has been an extremely eventful life.